A sneak peak at Photoshop CS2

Discussion in 'General Technical Discussion' started by DiverX, Apr 4, 2005.

1. Good Info

Thanks for the link, George. Interesting stuff!

Virginia
    aka beaucamera

2. Carol Steele

Carol Steele Guest

Exactly where does it state that D2X RAW files will be supported by the new ACR 3.0 Scott???

3. Thanks for the sneak peak George. Your just so sneaky!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

4. The only bad part is

I just spend $150 on CS about a month ago. Oh well, I make my money in software so I guess that I can't complain too much.

5. Chris101

Chris101

Feb 2, 2005
    Arizona
  6. Carol Steele

Carol Steele Guest

...... but it doesn't say that PS CS2 will support the D2X ;). At this moment in time ACR3 (the version which will be released with CS2) will not support the D2X - however Thomas expects that a public beta will be released a few weeks after the launch of Photoshop CS2.

I do not know if you can upgrade the present version to work with the newer version or whether you will have to have ACR3 installed for it to work (i.e. you would have to upgrade CS to CS2). I suspect that if it had been possible to upgrade ACR 2.4 to the D2X /Rebel workable version, he would have already released the public beta - and the reason why it has not is that users would have to have ACR3 installed (but that is pure conjecture).

7. Scott told me! 8)

He said "George. Adobe says that by the time CS2 ships, they will support the D2X raw file if not before."

8. Carol Steele

Carol Steele Guest

All I can say is that at this moment in time the version of ACR which will ship with Photoshop CS2 will not support D2X or Canon 350D/RebelXT. A public beta of ACR 3.1 will be available for public testing two to three weeks after Photoshop CS2 is launched.

Sorry to be a bit pedantic about this, I just don't want see a lot of very disappointed D2X users upgrading to CS2 and finding it won't yet support their NEF files - and then blaming Adobe for saying that it would.

All I can say is that it will be very worth while waiting those additional couple of weeks for :)

9. Yes, no problem Carol! I do realize that and that is exactly why I asked the question. All I can say is that is what Adobe told him and he has written a book on Photoshop so I would hope they gave him the correct info. I certainly will wait regardless of whether it supports it or not to see the reviews. I don't expect to use PS for my RAW files anyway. 8)

10. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    George,

Very interesting article. I knew about this before I (just) bought PSCS, and I decided to go ahead and get the current version, but I hope that Adobe treats me right on the upgrade. This is an expensive application, and I hope that I don't get ripped.... :?

In any case, thanks for the link. With every new upgrade of the software out there, you need to be more and more computer savvy (not to mention the need for more processing power and memory). I hope that this one isn't so complicated that the average user just punts. :lol:

Frank

11. Frank, I would call them! Maybe they will be kind!!

12. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    George,

I haven't had any experience with Adobe to speak of. Do they really care about their users enough to respond to a phone call? (Gee, that would be neat....;-))

Thanks,

Frank

13. Carol Steele

Carol Steele Guest

Here is the official word from Thomas Knoll about what is happening:-