1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

A special shot...

Discussion in 'Lens Lust' started by Donzo98, Aug 1, 2008.

1. Donzo98

Donzo98

Nov 10, 2005
    Merrick, NY
    Most of you guys around here know me pretty well. About 12 days I ago I got hit by car riding my bike... :mad: :mad: . I broke my left radius (wrist). I had surgery 10 days ago... and all went well.

I have been bummed out about it for many reasons... most importantly is that I won't be able to operate for a few weeks ( I am one of a bunch of physicians on the Cafe).

Anyway... I was also bummed that I can't "play" with my camera stuff for a while either. Well... today I broke out the D2XS and took a few shots. :smile::smile:. These days after wrist surgery they tend to mobilize you much quicker than previously. I am moving better... and this makes me happy!!

Shot this with my D2XS and 17-55 @35mm and 2.8. There is light at the end of the tunnel.:biggrin::biggrin:

[​IMG]

2. don,
    i'm SO sorry to hear of your mishap.... but, encouraged that you are well on your way to recovery

great shot
    but, more importantly... listen to YOUR doctor (as if i'd do that.... :frown:)  and get better as quickly as you possibly can

3. Donzo98

Donzo98

Nov 10, 2005
    Merrick, NY
    I am trying my best to listen... but I just can't!! :biggrin::biggrin: I took the splint off on post op day 7 and have been working the wrist ever since.

I will see him on Monday... I hope he isn't too mad at me. :smile::smile: I got some X-Rays today... and they look perfect. :wink:

4. pr549f2678

pr549f2678

Jun 26, 2007
    central Fl
    Don,
    Sorry about the accident, hope you get better soon and it will not
    affect your work also I hope they got the person that hit you.

Take care and have a nice weekendl
    Phil...................:smile:

5. Jonathan

Jonathan

Jun 11, 2005
    Southern Maine
    Don,

Very sorry to hear that but I can relate. I had surgery on my left wrist about 3 months ago and was told the same thing. I'm left handed, and it was something called a ganglion cyst that was on the radial artery. I'm sure you'd just what that is. :tongue:

I just know that I ended up using the D300 way before I was supposed to.

Good thing I never had the D3 at the time:biggrin:

Hope you're all better very soon.:smile:

6. Best wishes for your speedy recovery. Glad that you can get back to your favorite pastime.

7. Wow, that sucks! Im sorry to hear bout that. Glad to hear your doing well though. I covered a MVA on cyclist a couple months ago and lets just say you sound a lot better than what i saw at the scene. Hope you recover quickly!

8. gd1418

gd1418

Feb 3, 2008
    Gurgaon, India
    Don,

Sorry to hear about your accident & hope you are on your way to fast recovery. I'll not be the one to advise a medic on the do's and dont's. But just my two cents:

If you are a right handed guy then the left is the one that cradles the lens and stabilises the camera during handheld shots. I would not like to stress that part during recovery. However, a great shot at the pier..

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.