A Stately Office

Real Name
Ken St John
Near our home, in the town of Steilacoom, stands a lovely old home on a hill overlooking Puget Sound. Years ago, it was a pretty swanky (and expensive) restaurant. We even took out a third mortgage and hosted my parent's 50th wedding anniversary dinner there back in the late '90's!! Imagine my surprise a few years ago when I was going to take my wife there for a special dinner, and we found that it had been converted into offices for a law firm!! Although pricey, the restaurant was always full ... and you had to wait weeks to get an open reservation. Brunches on Sunday were especially crowded ... and really good!!

One wonders what happened.
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Cheers!!

Ken

Real Name
Ken St John
Beautiful old home! Glad it is being taken care of!
Thanks ... I was taking some pictures of sundown on Puget Sound yesterday, and as I went back to the car I saw this building bathed in the wonderful light. Wish I had a better angle, but I only had the 70-200 with me and this was the best I could do!! Although not a "regular" by any means, I did enjoy having a "special" meal there!!

Ken

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom