A Step Back in Time...

During the early stages of my recent trip out West, I stopped by the 1880 Town outside of Murdo, South Dakota. This complex is located right off Interstate 90. When I first pulled into the parking lot, everything about the 1880 Town indicated that it was a tourist trap. Before leaving and getting back on the interstate, I decided to pull up some reviews of the place on my phone. Surprisingly, many of the reviews were favorable. More surprisingly, the structures within the complex are actual buildings in South Dakota that were relocated to the 1880 Town. Overall, I found that the 1880 Town offered a wealth of photo opportunities. The only downside for me was that I was visiting at noon...not the best light for shooting.

p1755386483.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

p1708246272.jpg

p1628365201.jpg

p1679024801.jpg

p1633573110.jpg

p1740667484.jpg

p1814729624.jpg

Thanks for looking...
Glenn

I love the first picture that has the picture of Presidents Washington and Lincoln on the walls.

Butlerkid

Cafe Ambassador
Administrator
Real Name
Karen
Wonderful images! I like the light handed processing for all but #6. And the processing for #6 is perfect for the scene!

Yes, we also stumbled onto this little gem during our travels! Unfortunately we are usually dodging tornadoes while pulling our 5th wheel.

Wonderful images! I like the light handed processing for all but #6. And the processing for #6 is perfect for the scene!

Yes, we also stumbled onto this little gem during our travels! Unfortunately we are usually dodging tornadoes while pulling our 5th wheel.

Thanks Karen...sometimes I like to go back a few days later to review my processing. Sometimes it is tough to tell initially if the processing is overly aggressive or not--so it's nice to look at them again with a fresh set of eyes later. I'm glad that your fresh set of eyes sees the processing for these to be appropriate!

Love the set, Glenn...! :smile:

Did you eat at the diner...?

Thanks William...no, I didn't eat there. Maybe I should have, but I stopped at a Subway down the road!

Glenn

Latest threads

Top Bottom