1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

A stork enjoying the sunset (updated on page 2)

Discussion in 'Landscapes, Architecture, and Cityscapes' started by jpfigueiredo, Aug 9, 2009.

1. jpfigueiredo

jpfigueiredo

Oct 3, 2008
    Leiria
    This photo was taken almost a year ago.

I was driving to the south (towards Algarve) and in the middle of the trip I decided to stop to photograph (something I rarely do). The scenery was a tree full of storks, against a beautiful sunset sky.

Eventually that shot didn't turn out as I hoped for but I ended up liking this one.

If you have an opinion, please share it. Hope you like it.

3801192808_d09e66934f_o-2.jpg
    Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 12, 2009
  2. I like this picture. Thanks for sharing.

Gert-Jan

3. jpfigueiredo

jpfigueiredo

Oct 3, 2008
    Leiria
    Glad you do. :smile:

4. Who wouldn´t enjoy so beautiful sunset? Even a stork! Fortunately you decided to stop to take this. Knowing the common ways towards Algarve, I assume that this one was taken driving through a secondary road, right?
    That´s why whenever possible, I also use to avoid the motorway.
    The only thing (but that´s just a personal taste...) I´d do would be to crop the image to the right a little, trying to emphasize more on the stork (but than, you´d loose some of these beautiful "warm" clouds...:rolleyes: )
    I´d also like to see the picture including the ground.
    Muito boa!
    Cumprimentos.

Rui

D300, D200 coupled with a bunch of some fine Nikon:smile: glass

www.pbase.com/ruilopes

5. glumetu

glumetu

Apr 3, 2008
    Romania
    I like the picture a LOT!

6. shtarka1

shtarka1

Feb 1, 2008
    Boston
    Beautiful!

7. Very nice. I like how you can also see the nest.

8. jpfigueiredo

jpfigueiredo

Oct 3, 2008
    Leiria
    Yes, I normally take the IC1 when going to Algarve and always prefer secundary roads to motorways as well. :smile:

I tried various crops, but this one was the one I felt was more "elegant" overall. The ground in particular was very uniteresting and definitely had to go, trust me. :wink:

Muito obrigado pelo comentário.

Thanks to everyone for their input.

9. Guest-004

Guest-004 Guest

Mar 11, 2008
    SE Pennsylvania
    I think it is lovely! Not sure why you were displeased.

10. jpfigueiredo

jpfigueiredo

Oct 3, 2008
    Leiria
    I wasn't displeased with the photo I posted.
    What I said was that I was displeased with the photo I had in mind when I stopped the car, which was of a "tree full of storks"... This one:

2992864100_40afb1d3bf_o-2.jpg
    Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

:smile:

11. Guest-004

Guest-004 Guest

Mar 11, 2008
    SE Pennsylvania
    I'm not sure of your photoshop skills but I bet if you cloned out the powerlines and popped out the colors a bit more this would be a lovely photo. Or if skills are lacking a vertical crop of the tree with storks might also work as a lovely photo. Just suggestions.

12. Very nice shot.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.