A stork enjoying the sunset (updated on page 2)

This photo was taken almost a year ago.

I was driving to the south (towards Algarve) and in the middle of the trip I decided to stop to photograph (something I rarely do). The scenery was a tree full of storks, against a beautiful sunset sky.

Eventually that shot didn't turn out as I hoped for but I ended up liking this one.

If you have an opinion, please share it. Hope you like it.

3801192808_d09e66934f_o-2.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Last edited by a moderator:
Who wouldn´t enjoy so beautiful sunset? Even a stork! Fortunately you decided to stop to take this. Knowing the common ways towards Algarve, I assume that this one was taken driving through a secondary road, right?
That´s why whenever possible, I also use to avoid the motorway.
The only thing (but that´s just a personal taste...) I´d do would be to crop the image to the right a little, trying to emphasize more on the stork (but than, you´d loose some of these beautiful "warm" clouds...:rolleyes:)
I´d also like to see the picture including the ground.
Muito boa!
Cumprimentos.

Rui

D300, D200 coupled with a bunch of some fine Nikon:smile: glass

www.pbase.com/ruilopes

Knowing the common ways towards Algarve, I assume that this one was taken driving through a secondary road, right?

The only thing (but that´s just a personal taste...) I´d do would be to crop the image to the right a little, trying to emphasize more on the stork (but than, you´d loose some of these beautiful "warm" clouds...:rolleyes:)
I´d also like to see the picture including the ground.

Yes, I normally take the IC1 when going to Algarve and always prefer secundary roads to motorways as well. :smile:

I tried various crops, but this one was the one I felt was more "elegant" overall. The ground in particular was very uniteresting and definitely had to go, trust me. :wink:

Muito obrigado pelo comentário.

Thanks to everyone for their input.

I think it is lovely! Not sure why you were displeased.

I wasn't displeased with the photo I posted.
What I said was that I was displeased with the photo I had in mind when I stopped the car, which was of a "tree full of storks"... This one:

2992864100_40afb1d3bf_o-2.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

:smile:

Guest-004

I'm not sure of your photoshop skills but I bet if you cloned out the powerlines and popped out the colors a bit more this would be a lovely photo. Or if skills are lacking a vertical crop of the tree with storks might also work as a lovely photo. Just suggestions.

Latest threads

Top Bottom