a stroll after dinner. See where I've been....

The portuguese tourism office calls it "The Way of the Historical Villages". Those villages are located near the Spanish border and, in the past, portuguese kings used to build castels there. Those castels were used to shield people from the frequent wars with the spanish army and also to create an armed barrier against the invaders.
Nowadays, people from Spain and Portugal cross the border on a daily basis, to do business, to work or simply to have a meal on the other side. I´ve been there, for a couple of days, visiting some of those historical villages and, after a nice dinner , I took some pictures, I´d like to share with you:

Leaving the restaurant .No cars allowed here:

703580446_BChoJ-L.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

703580820_7NLVc-L.jpg

10 minutes walking left to the parking...

703580610_pu5Tz-L.jpg

...but, suddenly I found some charming homes...

703580274_QVM9d-L.jpg

704469944_fqRgr-L.jpg

and this interesting church:

703579482_o7WEP-L.jpg

well... I drove during a hour to reach the hotel at Castelo Branco. However, before I went to bed, I did a stop to take this picture of a very important church over there:

704470596_b3tGv-L.jpg

I hope that (with the exception of the meal) you´ve enjoyed the stroll with me...

The portuguese tourism office calls it "The Way of the Historical Villages".
I hope that (with the exception of the meal) you´ve enjoyed the stroll with me...

Rui, I always enjoy strolling along with you. You are the master of making use of street lights for scene illumination.:cool:

I noticed there was no EXIF metadata embedded in these -- judging from the quality of the images, maybe the 17-55?

Real Name
Alex
Excellent shots Rui.

To get the EXIF back change the "L" to "O" in the link. Smugmug strips the EXIF for some reason in all sizes except "O"riginal. If your pictures are like mine, posted at 800px or so, then L would be the same as O so you can show them with EXIF intact. HTH

Rui, I always enjoy strolling along with you. You are the master of making use of street lights for scene illumination.:cool:

I noticed there was no EXIF metadata embedded in these -- judging from the quality of the images, maybe the 17-55?

Thanks, Bob. First and third were taken with the 10,5 fisheye. Reamining with the 17-55 but last one with the 12-24.

I need to investigate the absence of the exif... these came linked from Smugmug... and there the exif is visible...

Excellent shots Rui.

To get the EXIF back change the "L" to "O" in the link. Smugmug strips the EXIF for some reason in all sizes except "O"riginal. If your pictures are like mine, posted at 800px or so, then L would be the same as O so you can show them with EXIF intact. HTH

Thanks, Alex.
I learnd something new today!:smile:

LyndeeLoo

Administrator
Administrator
You do indeed have some fine Nikon :smile: glass...and an excellent eye - these are brilliant, Rui! You have a way of lighting your subject that makes your images sparkle. I love them all; if I had to pick a favorite, I think it would be #5.

Well done, sir and BTW, what was for dinner? :biggrin:

Rui...thankyou very much for taking me on this wonderful walk through your images. I would love to be there! Called my wife over to look at the images and she agrees....we'd love to visit your beautiful country and imagine the ghosts of history walking side by side with us. Some day......some day...

Thanks again

Wow those are nice shots
Thanks. I am glad that you liked it.

I should have guessed the fish, but your processing makes the fish look like a good wide angle:wink: [didn't realize you had the 12-24]
Yes I do...and I love it! It´s the lens I use for ultra wide vertical shots. The fish doesný like it...:rolleyes:

You do indeed have some fine Nikon :smile: glass...and an excellent eye - these are brilliant, Rui! You have a way of lighting your subject that makes your images sparkle. I love them all; if I had to pick a favorite, I think it would be #5.

Well done, sir and BTW, what was for dinner? :biggrin:
Oh Lyndee... so kind words! Let me share my dinner menu: grilled lamb chops with rice and mushrooms and... a very special seasoning (they called it medieval...:eek:). Red wine (Alentejo), and a very special cheese cake for dessert.

I love your strolls Rui. I hope to someday join one with you. Cataplana and a stroll, now that would be fun.

God Bless,
David
I hope so, David. But Cataplana must be our meal in a different place, by the sea...

Rui...thankyou very much for taking me on this wonderful walk through your images. I would love to be there! Called my wife over to look at the images and she agrees....we'd love to visit your beautiful country and imagine the ghosts of history walking side by side with us. Some day......some day...

Thanks again
Thanks. You´ll be welcome. However don´t expect to find ghosts... they are all retired...:biggrin:

Looking at your photos is always a treat. After seeing them I know I will be returning to your country.

Les
Many thanks. Believe me, even being a small country there´s (yet) a lot to see!:wink:

Latest threads

Top Bottom