~A Strong Copyright Notice~

Cruisin the web I came across a photographer that has a very (I think) unique way of marking his image(s) move your mouse over the image and you get a strong copyright notice. My question is how does he do that? Is it particular to the website? Does it take a lot of work? GIF> any ideas? I really like his method of protecting his work.

Click Here to see notice

I was able to capture the image right off the site without the copyright warning . . . :eek:
I am not trying to steal his image. I am interested in finding out how he was able to have the image change to his warning when you move the cursor over his image. Even right clicking anywhere on his page you get a copyright warning. This is the best warning I've seen yet.

It sounds like there is a bit of work to do that and rather easy to get around it.

Thanks Bill, that is pretty dramatic. I use a right click message on all of mine but feel that this is more effective. Of course any of them can be circumvented as they are just meant to keep honest people honest.

It's a pretty simple with javascript. When you mouse-over the image the frame fills with the copyright notice. It's similar to the script discussed here.

The same is true with the right-click warning (that one has been around forever).

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom