A Student and a Building

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by SRA, Aug 5, 2005.

1. SRA

SRA

Jul 29, 2005
    Orem, Utah
    Some have asked that I submit some of my work (not photography) here from time to time. So here goes...Here is a photo of one of my dancers and of Norte Dame Cathedral in Paris where we visited recently.

One of my best female dancers and not afraid to be seen...
    orig.

The Cathedral itself in good light...
    orig.

Both have a little noise for now.

2. Steve S

Steve S

Feb 1, 2005
    SE Florida
    HI Scott,

Love the shots, but they're pretty small. Hard to see what the girl looks like since I'm running at 1280x1024 :wink: Would like to see more of that dancer. Your perspective of the ND Cathedral is well done! Keep em comin'! 8)

3. SRA

SRA

Jul 29, 2005
    Orem, Utah
    Re: HI Scott,

I've reposted them as larger images. As you can see there is abit more noise. It seems that my monitor isn't calibrated as the images look much worse on the web than here at home.

4. You have a tough job Scott but someone has to do it. Lovely young lady and and interesting place to visit.

5. gho

gho

Feb 7, 2005
    California

Dang they're big! I have cable, and it still took me forever to download. I'd hate to be on dial-up :/

Nice images though.

6. gho

gho

Feb 7, 2005
    California

Well, I run higher than that... You should get Opera - you can enlarge an entire web page for viewing to fit your screen.

Here's a sample, Opera in background, Firefox in foreground:

7. Chris101

Chris101

Feb 2, 2005
    Arizona
    On my machine, they load at full size, then resize to 960 pixels wide once they are fully loaded. This is the way the forum software works, it prevents a huge picture from making all the text stretch out so you don't have to scroll sideways. Clicking on the picture will load the full size into a new window.

This does, however, have the effect of making the page load very slowly (and I'm using broadband!)

Very pretty girl, by the way Scott. Seems like it's a tough job, but somebody's gotta do it, huh? I second Steve's request for more!

8. MontyDog

MontyDog

Jan 30, 2005
    #1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax;

9. Steve S

Steve S

Feb 1, 2005
    SE Florida
    She's very photogenic, isn't she?

Wow, I asked for bigger, and got bigger! :shock: Personally, I think resizing an image to somewhere between 800 & 900 wide is plenty big enough. fwiw, I just switched back to 1024x768. Could see the d@mn fonts at 1280x1024, even when set to "Largest". the reason I even tried 1280x was to get my tool pallettes smaller in NC & PS.

10. hans

hans

Feb 5, 2005
    The Netherlands
    Scoot
    It took three minutes but it was worth every second of it

I like the angle you took on the Notre Dame

You already know she's a pretty lady