a study of cannas...

Discussion in 'Macro, Flowers, Insects, and Greenery' started by Leigh, Jun 11, 2005.

1. Leigh

Leigh

Feb 19, 2005
    Alabama
    We have had a major amount of rain the past 24 hours, but there was a break this afternoon and I grabbed the CP8800 and ran outside...hope you enjoy!

Rain soaked orange canna
    [​IMG]

Canna Leaves after the rain
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Greg

Greg

Apr 5, 2005
    Fayetteville, TN
    betcha can't do that good with the "X" ?

I see your getting into different perspectives. makes things interesting.

3. Leigh

Leigh

Feb 19, 2005
    Alabama
    Actually Patrick and I talked last night about trying to go out and get some today w/the 'X' if the rain lets up again today. Arlene is really drenching us, even if it's just the remnants that we are getting now. Thanks for noticing the different perspectives...I'm trying to see the natural beauty in things that I hadn't really thought of before (like the leaves that I'd normally passed by for the flowers).

Cheers!

4. mrtac2man

mrtac2man

Jun 3, 2005
    CT
    Really like the 1st one.. the orange color is really nice...

Tim

5. Bob Coutant

Bob Coutant Moderator Moderator

May 17, 2005
    Pleasantville Ohio
    Leigh, thanks for reminding me how much I like those. We used to have a bed of them but the cats dug them up a few years ago, and we just plain forgot to start over again. Maybe next year.

6. Leigh

Leigh

Feb 19, 2005
    Alabama
    Bob,

That's too bad that your cats dug yours up...I kinda wish something would dig some of ours up....they've become a bit overgrown as they've multiplied over the years....But the flowers they produce are still pretty while they last. Hopefully I'll get a few more shots sometime soon as they have just now started blooming.

Cheers!