A study of yellowI II....comments and critiques welcome

Okay, I went back out and tried when the light was a bit different (late afternoon rather than early morning). I took the advice I was given and hopefully I came away with better shots. The first two shots are the same flower, but taken moments apart (first w/sun shining somewhat from behind, second after a cloud passed over).

As before, I still seek advice and guidance...

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Thanks for looking...

The first one is better than the second, Leigh. The stronger contrast and more vivid colors makes it much more interesting. Personally I would have cropped it more on the top. I'd crop the top off the third too.

You can try it on the screen here and I think you'll see what I mean.

Virginia
aka beaucamera

beaucamera said:
The first one is better than the second, Leigh. The stronger contrast and more vivid colors makes it much more interesting. Personally I would have cropped it more on the top. I'd crop the top off the third too.

You can try it on the screen here and I think you'll see what I mean.

Virginia
aka beaucamera
Thanks so much....I too felt the first one had better colors than the second...but I wanted to make sure it wasn't just me! :D

I took your advice and cropped the third one like you suggested and I like the result. I also tried to warm it up a bit so that it was closer to the first shot...what do you think?

Very nice Leigh. The vibrant yellow colors really come through on your latest try. I like the first image the best especially how the interior of the flower (stigma and stamen) are lit by the light coming through the petals themselves. It is really quite beautiful.

PGB

Oooh, those are nice Leigh. I too like the first where you can see the inside of the flower. I'm proud of you!

Thanks everyone. I'm really trying hard these days to take pictures that are worth posting. Having the feedback that you all have given has been extremely helpful. I just want you all to know that I really do appreciate it. Thank you so much.

DMcG said:
Well done Leigh.

The first shot is definately my favourite - great colours !
Thank you so much! I guess the concensus is that the first is the best! It was my favorite as well. I guess that means I'm learning?

Real Name
Chris
Learning! I'd say you're showing us how to do it. Yellow is (well one of) my favorite color. Yet photographing is is so exacting - too bright it flattens out into large areas of no detail, yet just a tad too dark, and it looks like light brown. It's easy to see a good one when you encounter it, yet very difficult (for me at least) to hit it nearly so well as you have here.

Thanks for showing us your exploration.

Chris101 said:
Learning! I'd say you're showing us how to do it. Yellow is (well one of) my favorite color. Yet photographing is is so exacting - too bright it flattens out into large areas of no detail, yet just a tad too dark, and it looks like light brown. It's easy to see a good one when you encounter it, yet very difficult (for me at least) to hit it nearly so well as you have here.

Thanks for showing us your exploration.
Thanks Chris, you are so kind. I love yellow as well....although I don't know many of Mother Nature's colors I don't like! As you have seen it took me a few tries to get it right, but once I got on the right track w/help from so many of our Cafe members I felt rather pleased. It is extremely gratifying to have help and have find success as a result.

Now, what color do I tackle next?????.....

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom