A subject I can keep up with!

Bud, a neighbors dog from across the field, in early morning light.
D100 70-200 Sigma 2.8, raw..
43205578.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Jarrell

Thanks Sandi and Frank. Sandi, you may remember Bud from across the way ;)
Panos, I'm not very sure exactly what breed Bud is, mostly Black Labrador with a sprinkling of something else maybe?
Thanks for looking in!
Jarrell

I don't know, Jarrell. I think I detect a fair bit of motion blur when I blow this up to 1000%. It appears to me that while you may not have noticed it the dog was REALLY running back and forth VERY FAST. Perhaps a 1/90000 shutter speed would have been more appropriate with an IS/VR/OS lens.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Oh, wait, that garbage is for the OTHER PLACE :wink:

Let me echo the "nice shot" comments and also expand on the "black fur" issue. Black dogs are such a royal pain to capture well, especially even pulling out a hint of the eyes. Getting the catchlight there is really super.

But don't you just wonder what the heck the dog is thinking? I mean just LOOK at that expression...... :wink:

Looking good Jarrell, very good! Boy, that dark fur must be real hard to get right. How much shadow pulling in post?

Have you posted a pic of Hannah recently? She must be around 15 months or so now, being that Belle is turning 14 months tomorrow... As I told Panos about his pup, they sure grow up fast! Give Hannah a hug, will you?

Jarrell said:
Panos, I'm not very sure exactly what breed Bud is, mostly Black Labrador with a sprinkling of something else maybe?

Yeap, that's an American Retriever (Labrador Retriever) which is ~2 inches taller a little bit thinner but heavier. Great breed, far better than the original if you'd ask me... ;-)

Latest threads

Top Bottom