1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

A Sunrise Shoot at the Iwo Jima Memorial in Arlington, Va.

Discussion in 'Special Sessions, Events, and Tour Announcements' started by siinjen, Aug 19, 2008.

1. For those who are interested in joining me this Saturday at 530am, a great view of the Monuments, the Memorial Bridge, and the city of DC. Take your zoom lenses and great for pano-shooters too:wink:

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 21, 2008
  2. Nacho

Nacho

Dec 29, 2007
    Salem, Oregon
    Sounds Good

Sal, this Saturday, Aug. 23rd... early morning... hmmm.... sounds good! I'll be in Haymarket, VA, so I can get up early and join you. More info?

Best,

Nacho :smile:

3. Meet at 515am Saturday the 23rd in the Holiday Inn Rossyln...address is
    1900 Fort Myer Drive in Arlington, Va. And the park is less that 10 mins away.

4. KristinB

KristinB

Apr 12, 2007
    Stafford, VA
    Sal,

I'll be there! I was thinking of shooting sunrise in Annapolis before the Renaissance Festival, but I'd rather see you guys... :smile: Especially since our favorite college professor is heading back to Oregon on Monday! :frown:

5. Anyone else joining us...the more the merrier:tongue:

6. KristinB

KristinB

Apr 12, 2007
    Stafford, VA
    Sal,

Why don't we park at the Memorial itself? Or don't they have parking there anymore (it's been a while since I've been there)?

7. It would be better for Nacho if I meet him there (Holiday Inn Rosslyn) since he's not too familiar with the area and we can meet you over there after.

8. I was there last week for the first time in my life.It was midmorning ,but I still enjoyed the pics I got ,can't imagin what it would be like at daybreak!!
    DSC_0001.jpg
    Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

9. Did you get a pic of the overview of DC from where you are? If you didn't, we'll take a couple shots for you.:biggrin: By the way, nice pic:wink:

10. Nacho

Nacho

Dec 29, 2007
    Salem, Oregon
    Hey! Sounds exciting already! Kristin thanks for the kind words. :)  At this point I'm thinking of Shakespeare's line in Romeo and Juliet: "parting is such sweet sorrow..."

I both want to go home, but will definitely miss everybody. Great Summer. :) 

I will see you all early on Saturday morning! Ooops! Sal, I just realized that the thread headline says "Sunset..." but we are meeting at 5:30am! :eek: 

Best,

N

11. Sunrise,Sunrise,Sunrise....:Curved:

12. If I were in the area, I would join you guys...

My SISIL lives close by, but is not a shooter...

Jerry, I hope you won't mind, but I sent your IWO pic to my brother.
    He was a Marine in the 70's while I was in the Army in Belgium.
    And I was there when Bill an Hillary were there one time, what an honor!!!

He will really dig that image!!!! Thx so much for posting it!!!!

And THX for letting me gank it before I got your permission!!!!

13. Nacho

Nacho

Dec 29, 2007
    Salem, Oregon
    Alright then, I'm prepped. Will see you all tomorrow morning at the Iwo Jima memorial in Arlington.

Best,

N

14. Nacho

Nacho

Dec 29, 2007
    Salem, Oregon
    First Shot

Hi Folks:

Here's the first shot I was able to "get to" from this morning's sunrise shoot at the Marine Corp memorial/ Iwo Jima monument. I'll post a few others later when I get a chance. This one needs a bit of dodging at the tip of the Washington Monument.

[​IMG]

Let me say that I had a wonderful time today with our NikonCafe members. It was great to see KristinB, Sal, Sharon, and Chris. It has been such a great pleasure to meet NikonCafe members here. Thanks for all your friendship and kindness.

Best,

Nacho :smile:

15. Great exposure Nacho...We all had a great time, huh. Have a safe trip home to Oregon when your in town again, don't hesitate to buzz us all buddy...:wink:

16. From left Sal, KrinstinB, Nacho, and Sharon:smile:
    2789728243_be6d8e981e_b.jpg

2790577498_f4fe87fda9_b.jpg

2789727823_cac0cc0b5c_b.jpg

And here's my share too. A hazy morning.:wink:
    2789579131_7092fc6047_b.png

17. You absolutly have my permission to send to anyone that can see or can take a breath.Everyone that has ever benn to the U.S. must be required to see IWO JIMA ane the changing of the guards at the tomb of the unknown .

18. It was great to meet up again with Sal, Nacho and Kristin. Kristin, hope you had fun at the festival. Got to try out a borrowed D200 and want to thank you guys for your help with settings, etc. Here are a couple of my shots from the day.

DSC9886-1.jpg

DSC9932-1.jpg

Here's a couple attempts at HDR.

Lincoln.jpg

AirForce.jpg

Sharon

19. KristinB

KristinB

Apr 12, 2007
    Stafford, VA
    All wonderful shots, everyone! It was terrific meeting up with Sal, Nacho, and Sharon again. And thanks for your patience during our little excursion. :wink: I hope you found it worthwhile!

Nacho, I hope your trip home is safe and enjoyable. It was wonderful getting together with you at Great Falls I & II, the Revolution March, and this shoot. You bring such positive energy wherever you go! :smile:

Sharon, yes, we had a fun day at the RenFest -- hope you can make it another day!

Sal, you take the best group shots!

358418314_4cT48-L.jpg

Nacho (with Sal in the background):

358420899_bMhdB-L.jpg

20. what an awesome thread
    great shots
    i'm so thrilled that you guys got to get together
    it's wonderful when CAFE folks meet and shoot

well done
    thanks for the thread

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.