1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

A taste of Southern hospitality! (American)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by LindaZ, Aug 12, 2008.

1. LindaZ

LindaZ

Jul 29, 2007
    Wilmington, NC
    Our Real Estate Agent in North Carolina has worked SO hard for us, showed my husband 28 houses and kept sending us listings and answer all questions with outmost patience. We need to move there in 2-3 weeks and there's no way for us to find a house 12 hours away. So she sent an email to 700 other agents and friends in the area, whereof one is her neighbor - and the friend is willing to rent out a house to us until we find a house to buy - and she also happens to be a mortage lender. :smile:

On top of it all, our Agent said she'd happily lend out some kayaks and a sandbox to us as well.

Smile at the world, and the world will smile upon you. Always treat "service" people with respect, and they'll go out of their way for you. :biggrin:

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 13, 2008
  2. Linda,
    i'm very happy to hear this
    afterall..... YOU deserve good things to happen

3. kwork

kwork

Jun 8, 2006
    NC
    That's only the beginning Linda.
    You probably never realized you had so many friends that you haven't met yet.

Good luck with the house hunting.

4. AEDigman

AEDigman

Jan 23, 2007
    West Virginia
    Gotta love the South!!

5. midocr

midocr

Mar 28, 2008
    OH - IO
    Mike
    I do believe that! When I worked in the service industry, I always went "out of my way" for the people who treated me good. Just the way I was raised, I guess.

Good luck in your quest!

6. LindaZ

LindaZ

Jul 29, 2007
    Wilmington, NC
    Thanks, we are extremely relieved. My husband has to finish his thesis in 2 weeks, and then quickly move for his new position.

I like friends :smile: Good people makes me happy. Thanks, I'm sure we'll find something now while renting something, less stress.

I gotta admit, I've never been down there but it looks promising.

Yep, that's how it works. I've mostly been working in the service sector in my working, adult life too.... so I'm aware of it works. Sometimes, it takes so little. Just a smile and a thank you.

7. AEDigman

AEDigman

Jan 23, 2007
    West Virginia
    Linda -

I spend time in North Carolina from time to time. The law firm for which I work has an office in Winston-Salem, so I travel there every once in a while, we vaction on the Outer Banks every summer and my wife has extended family in Northern NC....Can't remember running in to anyone I didn't like. North Carolinians are truly nice folks. Best of luck to you and your family.

8. And NC has one of the best scuba diving opportunities. Warm waters lots of marine life and great friendly sharks waiting to pose for cameras.

The famous U-352 is right there and there are many charters visiting her almost daily.

Not to mention an almost life size (1/3rd I believe) replica of it in the Aquairum.

9. LindaZ

LindaZ

Jul 29, 2007
    Wilmington, NC
    I've never been there but I keep hearing great things about it! Can't wait! The rental is by a canal and the beach too.

Friendly sharks? Yeah, I can't wait to hang out with sharks. LOL
    Cool, it seem to offer a little bit more too look at than here in the middle of Pennsylvania.

10. Linda,

When living in the south:

• Y'all is both a singular and plural pronoun
    • 99.99% of people will smile, wave and say "Hey!" as you pass them anywhere in public
    • Store clerks will GUSH over your children, even if you've never met them before

and most importantly:
    • College football IS a religion!

:biggrin:

11. LindaZ

LindaZ

Jul 29, 2007
    Wilmington, NC
    thanks for chiming in here Gret,

I would love to use Y'all and Ain't. Those two are just amazing words. Remember, I'm still a foreigner and think those things are very exotic. :smile:

I'd love to say Hey to people. In Sweden, people look at you funny if you are friendly. I was the odd, friendly kid.

But I do kick balls with my feet to my son. And I tell him, that is football. LOL

Cashiers already gush over my kids, it's almost annoying.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 14, 2008
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.