1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

A Temple in Vietnam

Discussion in 'Wanderlust and Travel' started by jpope42, Aug 29, 2008.

1. I spent a week in Vietnam on business recently. On our day off we went on a drive through the delta around HCMC. One of our stops was a Buddhist temple.
    Here's a shot at f/2.8 1/20sec in available light (gotta love "the Beast").

JHP4365_mas.jpg
    Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

2. balmiesgirl

balmiesgirl Guest

I LOVE the "Beast"......I wish i had one :( 

3. gorgeous shot, jim
    hope they didn't mind you taking it

well done

4. Thanks. This was a very cool place. Actually there were quite a few tourists here and they are apparently used to people watching them. The monks even run an exit retail shop near the gate that helps financially support the temple.

5. Nice photo! Would love to see more of Vietnam!

6. Jim, great photo, love the DOF. I would love to see more of Vietnam.

7. the_traveler

the_traveler

Mar 22, 2007
    en route
    Nice capture of Monk.
    I love Southeast Asia for the people, photo ops and food in that order.

Typically, when one talks about the delta in Vietnam, they are referring to an area further south of Ho Chi Minh city, down towards Can THo - about 4 hours drive - where the Mekong splits into a terrific maze of small rivers and canals. Did you get down that far?

8. Thanks everyone. As soon as I get a little time I'll post some more.

Lew, this was taken not far from My Tho which is a bit north of Can Tho. We did not make it as far as Can Tho on this outing, although I would like to try to do so on my next trip. I have been as far south as Rach Gia, and then off to Phu Quoc Island where I have an on-going project.

9. Jim,
    I can't wait to see more of your shots... Vietnam is where I came from and now I call FL home even though I am in IL for now :smile:

10. JusPlainCrayzee

JusPlainCrayzee Administrator Administrator

Brillant shot, Jim - well done!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.