A "Thank You" to the locals

Discussion in 'Annual Alabama Sessions' started by Frits, Apr 3, 2007.

1. Leigh deserves all the compliments that have come her way. She and Patrick did a monster of a job to make the weekend a success it was.
    But a lot of credit has to go to the other locals. Many went out of their way to organize things to do and then spent a lot of time with those who were from out of town. Thank you all!

A special thanks goes out to Mason, who seemed to be at all places where something was going on. He was at the hotel before dawn, guided us around, joined us in the restaurant - all the while shooting with us wherever we went.
    Hats off Mason, you're a great guy!

Not the greatest pic, but what a guy!

Nikkor Ai-S 300mm f/2.8 & TC-14E
    original.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 5, 2007
  2. Leigh

Leigh

Feb 19, 2005
    Alabama
    Mason is a terrific guy! He's been with us since the very first Get-Together and I think he gets as excited as I do about having everyone come here to visit! My hat is off to Mason as well for all his hospitality he has shown everyone. Mason...we owe you a big steak dinner! Just say the word when you want to collect!

3. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    Yeah, but when you really get to know him, he's still a pretty nice guy. :smile:

4. He is the best! Tireless energy to help us all enjoy.

5. rbsmith

rbsmith

Apr 13, 2005
    Saltillo, Ms
    It certainly wouldn't have been the same without him:eek:

6. OK...stop!

I appreciate everyone’s kind words. It was my pleasure to hang out with everyone, and I enjoyed meeting up with the group at the hotel and trying to make sure we all knew where we were going. I know I caught some grief for my shortcuts around town, but I used to live close enough to the hotel that I walked to that supermarket for groceries (ah, the skinny days).

Yes, I was at the first one…but I wasn’t on the board yet! Funny how that worked out.

Several of you may have heard this from me, but I will post it here for everyone else: In the past six months or so, I have really come to sense the café as a community. So many of you have truly become friends, and for that I am very thankful. I certainly wasn’t anticipating this as I joined up. I sensed the same feeling from many of you this weekend…and that was the best part of all for me.

7. Dang, I always knew I had a big grill...but there is some kind of photographic trickery going on here, eh?

8. Just a natural "Hollywood smile" :biggrin:

9. Frits, I agree completely and join you in thanking the local folks.

I'd figured out from interacting with him on line that Mason was a good guy, but of course I couldn't fully appreciate his personality without meeting him.

Hope our tug shoot works out, Mason. Thanks for helping make our stay in Huntsville so much fun.

10. Yep, I remember Mason from last year, a really sweet gentleman! Wonderful photo Frits!

11. Ditto's from the MO contingent.

12. eng45ine

eng45ine

May 11, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    Mason, you are truly a class-act. So glad to spend time with you and Allison. I'll share an order of Fried Green Tomatoes with you anyday!

13. Fried green tomatoes! YUMMY! Man, ya'll did have some good times out there!

14. cknight

cknight

May 2, 2005
    Madison, AL
    I'm glad you enjoyed your visit Fritz (and everyone else that came).

Did you make it to the Jack Daniels distillery?

Mason - you need some ice for that grill!!

15. No, I didn't Chris. I did go east for a while on the 64 (from the I-85), but found that it was further then I thought.
    Maybe next time, I'm keeping that place on my list!