A Thing for Freckles

I was just playing around, shooting some ladies today.. here's the first image that I worked up. Every girl that was there today had freckles and I didn't even realize it until they were all standing before me. Haha. I will post others later, got some neat stuff.

77593717.xrlKSJZh.ljohnstonsepia.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Laura, I love freckles!

Nice shot. I wish both her eyes were visible though. Would you post a color version?

Oh boy! That is one truly awesome portrait. I can't wait till Woody sees it!:smile:

You are so very talented Laura. I'm proud to know ya!!

Thank you for the comments! I am going to post some of Mandy with both eyes showing, but in that one I particularly like that only one is showing. I might post one in color later but I like that one so much in bw sepia that I didn't even edit a color version. There were, however, bright green fern plants behind her. :-P Most of this 'no make up' project will probably be in black and white.

Anyway, here's an old friend Heather.

77599150.ZQPkOdf3.heather.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

I have mostly just been experimenting with PP, etc, so feel free to let me know how you really feel about these images! I like the way the freckles are brought out. I will mostly likely post different versions of the same images for opinions, etc.

:)

The second is also gorgeous.....your model is stunning and I love the freckles. I prefer the PP of the first, but then it suits the mood of that image perfectly doesn't it. The one eye showing in the first image is a big part of what *makes* the shot for me.

The PP on the second might be a tad too clean after seeing the first, but taken by itself and without the vision hangover from the first........perfect just the way it is.

Thanks a lot for your comments, everyone. I am getting some ladies together this weekend for another round on the 'no make up' project, so more coming soon!!!

Laura, you have a unique style and talent that I enjoy and envy.
The posted photo is just one more fine example of that talent as you
have captured a wonderful image. I will look forward to you sharing the others.

i really love the composition. its fantastically well done, as an image.

i'm honestly, and obviously alone on this, not wild about the conversion to black and white. the tonality seems off to me (reminds me of ads in the fashion mags that i'm not wild about, i can never remember the designer). and it seems oversharpened (around the edge of the nose, eyelids, bottom lip). i'm assuming this is the look you were going for, but i thought i'd voice a dissenting opinion.

very nicely done though. just my nitpicks i guess. i'll have to check out more of you work. :)

thanks, guys. And please don't ever hesistate to voice opinions on what you dislike.. I encourage it! I don't want only praise, where would that get me? ;-) I am doing three separate sessions this Sunday for this project, so next week I will post several new images all of different girls (with and without freckles, haha). I'm pretty excited about it, hope it goes well.. and will look forward to your opinions and critique!

J

JohnMueller

I like the freckles look. I'd love to do a shoot with a girl with lots and lots of freckles. I know they hate them, but it's a very unique look. you did well here!

Latest threads

Top Bottom