1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

A tiny dot on the LCD screen

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by taat2d, Jul 24, 2008.

1. taat2d

taat2d

Sep 28, 2007
    NYC
    Ok not sure if this is something to be concerned with. I noticed a tiny lil blue dot on the LCD screen. It's on the lowere right corner. I'm not sure if this is something I need ot be concerned with. I don't see it on any printed pictures, or on the images when I download to the computer. IT's only there when i activate the LCD. I am afraid that this can possibly spread. Am I just being paranoid? It's about the size of a pin head. The camera is only a week old, should I return it? This on a brand new D200. And I don't have another camera that I could take a shot of it and post it here. What do you think I should do?

2. It sounds like a dead/hot pixel on the LCD, it's not uncommon for LCD's to have dead pixels even brand new. For it to be declared "faulty" there will need to be a percentage of them. If it's on the LCD and not the sensor I wouldn't worry.

I had and still have one on the LCD of my D300

3. taat2d

taat2d

Sep 28, 2007
    NYC
    So does that mean a store won't exchange it?

4. It's worth trying, but they may refuse unless it's a certain percentage of the pixels. It's the same deal with LCD monitors. Mine is green, and is just below where the image displays (where the black info bar is on playback) and it really doesn't bother me. A little annoying at first that I spend £900 and have it, but it doesn't affect the camera performance at all, and not enough to cause me the hassle of repair/exchange.

5. taat2d

taat2d

Sep 28, 2007
    NYC
    I guess I'm just being anal. It's riducles you spend all that money and STILL get imperfection!!!

6. unfortunately, the manufacturers aren't to blame. It's merely a negative point to the technology they use.

7. Tosh

Tosh

May 6, 2005
    NY
    Joe,

It's not contagious, so I wouldn't sweat it. :wink:

8. taat2d

taat2d

Sep 28, 2007
    NYC
    That make me feel better. :cool: 

9. Nikon can map them out so it doesn't show if it really bothers you Joe.

10. taat2d

taat2d

Sep 28, 2007
    NYC
    I am SOOOOOOO ANAL!!!!!!!! I tried talking myself into beleiving I could live with it. I CAN'T!!! I just got back from the store my wife bought it in. I made them exchange it....

11. well at least your persistent. lol. i would have gotten upset to if i had just bought the camera. i don't think i could live with it on my camera LCD. i have a green one in my macbook screen. but its not as easy to see as i am sure your camera one is... lol. but i would have done the same thing taat. so don't worry. lol :) 

i'm glad you got it fixed

12. taat2d

taat2d

Sep 28, 2007
    NYC
    Thanx

13. FotoPhocus

FotoPhocus

Jun 15, 2008
    I've got a hot pixel on the D80 I just bought from the For Sale forum. It came with the extended warranty from Best Buy.. do you think they'll exchange it for me?

Edit: It's on the sensor... the hot pixel persists into the image on the PC

14. scooptdoo

scooptdoo Guest

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa yep!

15. 1..... ?
    no big deal
    i wouldn't worry about it

16. taat2d

taat2d

Sep 28, 2007
    NYC
    Greg I'm so damn anal I already exchanged it.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.