A tribute to Nelson Mandela

Port Elizabeth is currently building a tribute to Nelson Mandeal, former President of South Africa.

It is a steel cut-out, beautifully made, structure.

DSC_3449.png
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

View attachment 866855

View attachment 866856

C&C always welcomed and appreciated.

Thanks for viewing.

Evan

Nice set.

pic 3-is there one more pic that
was taken from a left angle?
(for a better view of the top dove's shape).

the J stands for journalism.

I don't need to add anything to the artwork, or to contribute to it. Here is a project in progress to construct a tribute to Nelson Mandela, and I thought it would be cool to photograph this. The entire tribute is about 50metres, so I think that in my selecting just this piece to photograph that would be my opinion/view? I have selected the most representable section of this to highlight the tribute to Nelson Mandela.

This is the "Photojournalism, Candids and Street Photography" forum. My pics fill this title.

Thanks for your comments.

IMO, these are pictures of someone's artwork with nothing added.

This is the PJ forum, so why would he have to add anything? I like the artwork and the fact that the OP enables me to look at it.

the J stands for journalism.

I don't need to add anything to the artwork, or to contribute to it. Here is a project in progress to construct a tribute to Nelson Mandela, and I thought it would be cool to photograph this. The entire tribute is about 50metres, so I think that in my selecting just this piece to photograph that would be my opinion/view? I have selected the most representable section of this to highlight the tribute to Nelson Mandela.

This is the "Photojournalism, Candids and Street Photography" forum. My pics fill this title.

Thanks for your comments.

Evan, i happen to like the first & last for their crops,angles & tribute to a Great Man! I agree with Klaus that these are definitely PJ (Journalism) shots!
If i take a shot of the Viet Nam Memorial Wall or Holocaust Memorial Tributes around the world, these are my views & expressions of what i deem worthy & important, maybe not to everyone but to some! I've seen such images in Newsweek & Time Magazine that are just that! A photographers view & angle of only the Wall or Structure & its their idea of something worth sharing thats important! Look we are All at different levels of everything in life & photography is one of them. Every image thats posted here or any forum is up for debate & scrutiny but in a tactful, respectful way.

Real Name
Lewis Lorton
C&C always welcomed and appreciated.

I don't need to add anything to the artwork, or to contribute to it

If this is the criterion. than any reproduction of an artwork in a book can be considered a piece of art in itself.

This is a silly argument to get into, I don't think the pictures are interesting or good.

Others can think whatever they want or, as what seems to be the rule in the section as soon as a picture is criticized, everyone flocks to the thread to say how good it is.

Consequently crap is elevated to greatness and everyone goes away happy.

I will not comment on your pictures from now on and you can persist in doing what you want to do, untroubled by adverse opinion.

If this is the criterion. than any reproduction of an artwork in a book can be considered a piece of art in itself.

This is a silly argument to get into, I don't think the pictures are interesting or good.

Others can think whatever they want or, as what seems to be the rule in the section as soon as a picture is criticized, everyone flocks to the thread to say how good it is.

Consequently crap is elevated to greatness and everyone goes away happy.

I will not comment on your pictures from now on and you can persist in doing what you want to do, untroubled by adverse opinion.

Art? Who said anything about art? I am not offended by your comments. It is just surprising how you have judged them, and in what light you have done so. These are merely photos of a great man, an icon in my part of the world.

It may not be the most riveting of tributes, I will admit, but my photo was meant to SHARE with all on this forum a scene they will likely never see for themselves.

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Forum GIFs powered by GIPHY: https://giphy.com/
Copyright © Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom