A Trophy for The Beast

I just picked up a POTD at Bestfoto.com for my portrait of Joe with his dad's picture. I used the 28-70/2.8 Nikkor for the capture.

http://www.bestfoto.com/Archives/POTDdisplay.asp?PIC=062505P.jpg

They creamed the image quality when they downsized it for the awards page, so here's the original low res version. It's titled, "Like Father, Like Son".

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

The Beast Rules!

Congratulations Frank!!!

That's a great photo - it tells many more than a single story, in fact I'm taken back to California in the 50's just looking at the inner picture (although I don't know if it was taken there. There's just a lot going on in here, and you've encapsulated it so well. Good job man!

(PS I suspect you could have done this with any lens though.)

Congratulations Uncle Frank... I really like what you did with that image and the concept was awesome to replicate the original. The resemblance is very cool. Nice to see that you received a little recognition as well. Job well done!!! 8)

Thank you all for your flattering comments, folks!

Chris... you've got the location right, but it was taken in the late 1970s, when Joe Sr. was in his early 70s. He was an Italian immigrant, a fisherman and later a house painter, who raised 3 daughters and a son, and had a long and happy life. You can see the pride in his face.

K

Ken-L

Congratulations. I remember your Post about setting it up and taking this shot.

andreasb said:
...not just catching the spur of the moment!
Thanks, Andreas. This was as far from a "spur of the moment" shot as I've ever taken. Joe Jr. is normally clean shaven, and once I spotted the similarity, I had to persuade him to grow a beard for the session -lol.

Ken-L, thanks for the congratulations!

Congratulations Frank! A well deserved award. It's remarkable the resemblance between father and son. Thanks for letting us enjoy your success.

Brian

Re: congratulations

Thanks to all for your kind comments. This was a fun project, and may turn out to be a profitable one 8) . I received the following from Joe's son:

Frank,

Everyone is in love with the photo you took. Especially the one that
took 1st place in the contest. You're coming dangerously close to being
called a professional !

I think kelly is very interested in you taking some more photos of
Isabella.

She will be 2 in august and we will prob hire you for another session.
We also prob have several more referrals.

If your willing ?

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom