1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

A Twilight Zone moment

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by BourbonCowboy, Sep 27, 2008.

1. I taught for 8 years at one particular school. Then I took a job as an Assistant Principal at another. Last weekend, the two schools met for a football game. I got to see all my old friends and many former students. But it was a really weird experience sitting the stands on the other side of the field and wearing different colors. To make matters even weirder, I loaned my D300/70-200 to one of my teachers (a Canon shooter) to get some shots of the game. So I sat there, on the "wrong" side of the field, watching someone else use my gear, and rooting against the team that I spent the last eight years rooting for. It was almost too much to get my mind around.

As for the teacher shooting with my setup: She didn't do too badly...

_DSC3242.gif
    Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

2. Yep......That's bizzare...If you see a black & white version of Rod Serling on the sidelines havin a smoke you're in trouble. I imagine loyalties get pretty messed up for pro athletes that get traded a lot. Remember do not adjust your set we are controlling transmission...OOPs! that was the Outer Limits..Never mind........

Cheers

Ted

3. I bet that was pretty strange. The Canon shooter did well with your gear.

4. That's the reason my wife wouldn't agree to buy a house in a nearby school district even though it was a good deal.

5. Man I feel for the guy in the shot. I was kicker, punt returne man, and tight end at a buck 35:eek: . Got my butt beat so bad one night on the line all I could do was go shake the guys hand after the game. He is a good man to this day.
    Tim

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.