A victim for all those rumors !

I thought I should share with you how bad I feel :-(
I sold my D300 based on rumors of imminent release of D700 replacement / upgrade.
I sold it before the actual announcement .. thinking I will escape the price drop.
While I sold it for a decent sum .. the D700 replacement has yet to appear.
Few months now without a camera .. lots of missed opportunities ..

Moral of the story .. never sell you camera prematurely based on rumors !:m72:

Actually you sold your camera at a great time. Problem is, no one could of foretold the earthquake that will most likely cause delays. I'd just buy something used to hold you over until something actually gets announced.

If it were me I would look for a good used D300s or a D7000 and use that till all the madness settles down when everyone has their new model. It does take a long time to get anything Nikon announces.

If the D400 & D800 were already in production when the earthquake came the production of any new ones has stopped. Those already made will go to NPS (Nikon Professonal Service) members before us mere mortals will be getting ours. I'm guessing it will be sometime in 2012 before Nikon Sendai production is in operation again and it may be located elsewhere in another country outside the radiation zone. Get a new or used Nikon to tide you over until things return to normal.

I was going to say, buy a used D7000 and use it until then. It's not going to get replaced for another year or two and not many people are going to sell them in favor of D800s, so you can probably sell the D7000 for almost what you pay for it.

Yes I understand, I sold two D2x cameras for the same reason, I do still have other cameras but was hoping to buy a couple of D700's as the price dropped, but I guess that is not going to happen very soon now.

If the D400 & D800 were already in production when the earthquake came the production of any new ones has stopped. Those already made will go to NPS (Nikon Professonal Service) members before us mere mortals will be getting ours. I'm guessing it will be sometime in 2012 before Nikon Sendai production is in operation again and it may be located elsewhere in another country outside the radiation zone. Get a new or used Nikon to tide you over until things return to normal.

Actually, according to Nikon press releases, they are already back into production mode - albeit at a reduced rate. This will undoubtedly create a temporary gear shortage, but one measured in a couple of months not a year. The Japanese government and people have shown nothing short of super human strength and courage moving forward. I dare say we'd still be looking at the disaster zone trying to get permits, permission, and people to start work.

They have a very long road ahead, but the distance they've already covered is amazing...

I thought I should share with you how bad I feel :-(
I sold my D300 based on rumors of imminent release of D700 replacement / upgrade.
I sold it before the actual announcement .. thinking I will escape the price drop.
While I sold it for a decent sum .. the D700 replacement has yet to appear.
Few months now without a camera .. lots of missed opportunities ..

Moral of the story .. never sell you camera prematurely based on rumors !:m72:

In total agreement.

William Rodriguez
Miami, Florida.

Start looking for a used D700 now and stick with it. It will always be a great legendary camera even if its replacement comes out. Just think about all the great photo ops you're missing out on.

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Forum GIFs powered by GIPHY: https://giphy.com/
Copyright © Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom