A Walk Among the Faralitos

Discussion in 'People' started by PJohnP, Dec 25, 2005.

1. PJohnP

PJohnP

Feb 5, 2005
    Christmas Eve in Santa Fe is a time where families, people of all ages, visitors, and simply those who want to feel the spirit of the season saunter along Canyon Road and Acequia Madre to see the faralitos lit on the rooftops, walls, stairs, and the sidewalks.

People eel their way along walls, side lit by many candles in the faralitos...

[​IMG]

...walk in large packs...

[​IMG]

... or gather around a luminaria to sing carols.

[​IMG]

Others smile and laugh to the accompaniment of musicians, from the smallest and youngest to the oldest.

[​IMG]

And some simply walk along, delighted with the moment and the view around them.

[​IMG]
    D100, 28mm f/1.4, ISO800 and 1000, processed in NC, post-processed in PS-CS for crop, copyright, and resize

Always shoot, especially in the Land of Enchantment.

John P.

2. dbirdsong

dbirdsong Guest

I think you really nailed those shots John... They really show the community enjoying the holiday a lot.. Thanks for sharing them.

3. MontyDog

MontyDog

Jan 30, 2005
    #1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax;

4. This is a beautiful series, John.

Thanks for sharing. The 28mm f/1.4 is awesome.

5. PJohnP

PJohnP

Feb 5, 2005
    Dave :

It's a big thing. The city estimates that 26,000 people go out for this walk, although, IMO, the number's probably a bit lower. Still, a lot of people, so I usually go right at sunset and try and catch folks lighting the faralitos. Not as much luck this year because of a pesky 'flu/cold which both slowed me from getting there on time, and also meant I left early, but I shot this last year of a man tending his faralitos.

[​IMG]

And that cold is rebounding in a big way tonight. Yich.

John P.

6. PJohnP

PJohnP

Feb 5, 2005
    Phil :

You'll just have to come out here with your lovely children to experience the Land of Enchantment on Christmas Eve (and you can borrow the lens to shoot with, as well).

John P.

7. Nice images John, looks like everyone there is a pyro.:eek: :biggrin:

8. PJohnP

PJohnP

Feb 5, 2005
    Gordon :

We have a burning passion for the season ! :eek: :Angel: :eek:

John P.

9. Wonder images. I have to hide these from the wife, though. She has long wanted to live in that part of the country (she is from Colorado).

10. Very nice shots you guys.
    And very convincing that it is an exemplary Nikkor product.....

....like I needed convincing.....and like I need one more thing to lust for.:biggrin:

11. PJohnP

PJohnP

Feb 5, 2005
    Vernon :

Oh. Well, then, have a look at Phil's thread (More Lens Lust) for another glass item to attract your lust after... :Devil: :Tongue: :Devil:

John P.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2017