1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

A walk in Miami Beach at night (Part II)

Discussion in 'Landscapes, Architecture, and Cityscapes' started by alexf, Aug 7, 2009.

1. I rarely go out for night photography. Lately, mostly impressed by the work Dez has been showing of nights in NYC, I was tempted to try and learn this art.

I previously posted some from Ocean Drive in SoBe and upper Miami Beach.

This time I took a walk on Lincoln Rd., a pedestrian street full of restaurants, stores and people. With the D300 in hand, a tripod, and my oh so sharp 28/2.8 AI lens, this is what I got:

1. Apple store
    613614144_ZpXzW-O.jpg
    Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

0.625s - f/8 - ISO 320

2. Van Dyke
    613614191_cWYfp-O.jpg

4s - f/4 - ISO 200

3. Meat Market restaurant
    613614129_Tckqz-O.jpg

2s - f/5.6 - ISO 200

4. Stores on Lincoln Rd.
    613614092_hyT3i-O.jpg

1/4s - f/5.6 - ISO 200

5. Ice cream store
    613614069_4XjMf-O.jpg

1/5s - f/8 - ISO 400

2. MMPG1

MMPG1

May 10, 2009
    Germany
    Hi Alex,
    great job! The dynamic range in the last picture is amazing in my eyes. I wouldn`t have thought it to be possible with an "old" ai/ ais lens.

3. Rob Zijlstra

Rob Zijlstra A Koffie Drinker

Nov 5, 2008
    Netherlands
    Last one is very nice. That lens sure does it's job!

4. Nice stroll down Lincoln. Alex the last time I was there it was pretty shabby. Looks like they have brought it back.

5. I remember it that way as I've been here for a long time. It's been the "in" place for years now.

6. shtarka1

shtarka1

Feb 1, 2008
    Boston
    You & that lens Alex.....both made for each other! Love these!

7. Love your posts. Every time I am there, I love to stroll Lincoln. Your shots do it such justice - jealous admirer. :cool: 

8. Thanks! I'm pleased with #5. That lens is outstanding. Will post some more soon.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.