A walk in the woods...

Discussion in 'Macro, Flowers, Insects, and Greenery' started by Pa, Jun 8, 2005.

1. Took a walk down the Forest Service road near my home today...
    [​IMG]

The mountain laurel are near their peak now:
    [​IMG]

But the wild flame azaleas are fading:
    [​IMG]

Even found a few fire pink...

[​IMG]

Thanks for looking.

2. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    OHHHH WOW what a beautiful sight. Wish I had some woods to wander in.

Thank you for sharing.

Used to play in the woods every day as a kid.

Gee I want to be a kid again :>)))

3. Living here in SW Virginia has its benefits. I walk that trail almost every day; it gets full sun in the winter with some wind protection, and it is delighfully shaded in the summer. However, it March it was like this:

[​IMG]

4. Leigh

Leigh

Feb 19, 2005
    Alabama
    Pa, those are lovely! And it's hard to believe that just a few months ago you had that much snow on the ground! Wow! We hardly even had a snow flurry all winter...Thanks for sharing your photos.

5. Pa,

Thank you for sharing. I have never seen wild flame azaelas. They are beautiful! We have a variety of azaelas here in Maryland including azaela mollusk (sp), the first azaela of Spring. Do you have any images of the wild flame azaelas in full bloom?

6. Here's one. I'll try to post some more tomorrow...
    [​IMG]

7. Pa, the two i like the most are the laurel and the winter scene.

8. Thanks, I like the winter scene too, but I can't take credit for it! My wife took that one with a Coolpix 4300. I'm always amazed at what that little camera will do. I think I like it better than the 5700!

9. Pa I agree with you the 5700 is a camera that took me a long time to get use to, it is my first digital and one thing I dont like is the manual focusing which is about useless. I am looking at all the picture on the site of Dslr picture to see what will be my next camera.

10. The 5700 was my third digital. I thought it would offer all the advantages of a DSLR at lower cost and much smaller size. I took it on trips to Alaska and Chile. However, I got very frustrated with the slow response, difficulty of focusing, and complexity of the menus. The compact size is nice. My daughter is using the 5700 in Cairo at the moment.

I got a D70 in April and love it. All the things I wanted to be able to do are straightforward, and I almost never get an out-of-focus picture. When I ordered it, I expected to be using the manual focus quite a bit, but I've found that most of the time the AF system is more accurate and far quicker.

My progression was CP775 -> CP4300 -> CP5700 -> D70.

I highly recommend the D70. :D