A walk through Big Meadows

Discussion in 'Birds' started by Jim Strathearn, Sep 18, 2005.

1. Went up to Big Meadows in Shenandoah National Park yesterday to photograph some deer. Deer are normally abundant up at the meadow, but not that day... I did manage to chase down a few, along with a butterfly. Dusk was quickly approaching and I had to bump the ISO up as it got darker. Thank goodness for having that option! All shot with 80-400 VR on a monopod. Comments and critiques welcomed:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Beautiful shots Jim.

3. drueter

drueter

Apr 24, 2005
    Southeast Texas
    Nice shots, Jim! I'm surprised that fawn still has its spots - the ones around here are past that phase and look like the yearlings.

4. PGB

PGB

Jan 25, 2005
    They are so cute! The one near the sign shows that they are pretty tame I would say.

Thanks for sharing,

5. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    Cute little guys Jim, and very well taken images. Nice BF too. :smile:

6. That first shot of the fawn is just wonderful. What great colors and sharpness. Way to go.

7. Thanks Don. I was surprised at the spots as well. Most of the fawns we saw that night had spots! Here is another one:
    [​IMG]

Thanks for looking!

8. Thanks Patrick. It's a National Park so there is no hunting and I guess they feel safe. At this meadow, they are in constant contact with humans so I guess they are used to us.

Thanks for looking!

9. bfjr

bfjr Guest

well done Jim well done
    good looking dear good looking shots :cool:

10. Thanks James!

11. Thanks Frank! I took that BF shot while the sun was still a little high. The branch was swaying in the wind and he kept opening and closing his wings so a little timing went into getting this shot. Smugmug doesn't do a great job of resizing images and the BF actually looks much "cleaner".

Thanks for looking!

12. Thanks Gordon!

13. Thanks Ben!