A wedding reception...

My cousin had his wedding reception last night at the local VFW and so I brought my camera along with me... It was probably a good thing because they had no photographer there, other then the bride's mother taking a few pictures... Anyways, here are some of the shots of the reception and comments and criticism are welcomed!

Note: I've got a broken collarbone so I didn't take any of these photo's, instead I urged my mom to... Most were taken with the 28-105 for ease of access, and few with the 50 1.8... Also, only flash was the on board camera. (Man I need a new flash!)

Bride
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

B&G

With the Bridesmaid

The Best man

Yummy!

Lastly, their baby.

Nice images, but the bride and groom skin tones appear to be too saturated for me (un-natural looking). I think a little post processing should help. Sorry to hear about your broken collarbone.........ouch!

Thanks for the comments everyone! I should be healed in just a few weeks, so no biggy... I agree that they are too saturated. She shot using a different shooting bank than she should of, which is my fault, but a few minutes in photoshop and they should be good!

Looks great considering it was only direct on-board flash! Sorry to hear about the collar bone!
I learned a lesson, and I'll definitely be purchasing a SB-600 for my birthday.

My cousin had his wedding reception last night at the local VFW and so I brought my camera along with me... It was probably a good thing because they had no photographer there, other then the bride's mother taking a few pictures...
It's unfortunate the lovely bride didn't place a priority on a wedding gallery. She blew her budget on the wedding gown and a cake, and didn't have enough left for a trained photographer to preserve the memories of her big day. The wedding gallery is the only thing that endures. It's sad she won't have one to show to her grandkids. Imho.

The images look very redish to me. Could be my horrible office monitor. Yes I am not working right now...messing around until my boss get's off the phone with his wife; he's having a horrible agruement with her at this moment. Yikes...he's cussing a lot.

It's unfortunate the lovely bride didn't place a priority on a wedding gallery. She blew her budget on the wedding gown and a cake, and didn't have enough left for a trained photographer to preserve the memories of her big day. The wedding gallery is the only thing that endures. It's sad she won't have one to show to her grandkids. Imho.
Yes, and No... The Wedding itself was in Gatlinburg, TN and they had a photographer there. The reception itself was back in their hometown, and was fairly casual... I do agree with you though, I would have had some sort of photographer in place just to capture the moment. As for the wedding gown, i'm sure it was fairly expensive (aren't they always:eek:); but the cake was fairly cheap for the amount it fed.

The images look very redish to me. Could be my horrible office monitor. Yes I am not working right now...messing around until my boss get's off the phone with his wife; he's having a horrible agruement with her at this moment. Yikes...he's cussing a lot.
It's not just your monitor, I just haven't had the motivation to fix them yet... I have a 14 hour drive to San Antonio soon, so that should be plenty of time to fix them up.:rolleyes: Hope your boss didn't lay it on too hard:eek:

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom