1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

A wedding reception...

Discussion in 'People' started by Miller821, Aug 9, 2009.

1. Miller821

Miller821

Mar 17, 2009
    Scott AFB, IL
    My cousin had his wedding reception last night at the local VFW and so I brought my camera along with me... It was probably a good thing because they had no photographer there, other then the bride's mother taking a few pictures... Anyways, here are some of the shots of the reception and comments and criticism are welcomed!

Note: I've got a broken collarbone so I didn't take any of these photo's, instead I urged my mom to... Most were taken with the 28-105 for ease of access, and few with the 50 1.8... Also, only flash was the on board camera. (Man I need a new flash!)

Bride
    614783332_kByMx-L-1.jpg
    Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

B&G
    614801865_ipuuU-L.jpg

With the Bridesmaid
    614803121_YQP6C-L.jpg

The Best man
    614804562_M69ok-L.jpg

Yummy!
    614818567_FekpP-L.jpg

Lastly, their baby.
    614789420_geWM4-M.jpg

2. Zee71

Zee71

Apr 1, 2007
    Queens, NY
    Nice images, but the bride and groom skin tones appear to be too saturated for me (un-natural looking). I think a little post processing should help. Sorry to hear about your broken collarbone.........ouch!

3. the Pond

the Pond

Jan 5, 2007
    Canada
    Your mom did really well. A little pp and you're good to go!

4. SP77

SP77

Jun 4, 2007
    Rockville, MD
    Looks great considering it was only direct on-board flash! Sorry to hear about the collar bone!

5. Sorry to hear about your collar bone. I agree with Mark skin tones appear to be too saturated they all look orange except for the baby shot.

6. Miller821

Miller821

Mar 17, 2009
    Scott AFB, IL
    Thanks for the comments everyone! I should be healed in just a few weeks, so no biggy... I agree that they are too saturated. She shot using a different shooting bank than she should of, which is my fault, but a few minutes in photoshop and they should be good!

I learned a lesson, and I'll definitely be purchasing a SB-600 for my birthday.

7. It's unfortunate the lovely bride didn't place a priority on a wedding gallery. She blew her budget on the wedding gown and a cake, and didn't have enough left for a trained photographer to preserve the memories of her big day. The wedding gallery is the only thing that endures. It's sad she won't have one to show to her grandkids. Imho.

8. Seneca

Seneca

Dec 4, 2006
    Texas!
    The images look very redish to me. Could be my horrible office monitor. Yes I am not working right now...messing around until my boss get's off the phone with his wife; he's having a horrible agruement with her at this moment. Yikes...he's cussing a lot.

9. Miller821

Miller821

Mar 17, 2009
    Scott AFB, IL
    Yes, and No... The Wedding itself was in Gatlinburg, TN and they had a photographer there. The reception itself was back in their hometown, and was fairly casual... I do agree with you though, I would have had some sort of photographer in place just to capture the moment. As for the wedding gown, i'm sure it was fairly expensive (aren't they always:eek: ); but the cake was fairly cheap for the amount it fed.

It's not just your monitor, I just haven't had the motivation to fix them yet... I have a 14 hour drive to San Antonio soon, so that should be plenty of time to fix them up.:rolleyes:  Hope your boss didn't lay it on too hard:eek: 

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.