A wedding slideshow

Discussion in 'Formal Portraits and Weddings' started by Electromen, Sep 26, 2008.

1. These are from last Saturday and are unedited, SOOC, except for the one with the name and date.

Click Here

2. I just received this from the bride;

"Hi Greg,

I ABSOLUTELY LOVE THESE PHOTOS!!! I am crying tears of joy as I write this email to you - seriously!!! I feel so incredibly lucky to have met you and you have helped me relive the happiest day of my life. You are the best! I can't wait to see the rest. We definitely want you to put together an album for us. Have a fantastic weekend!"

Woo Hoo, they live in Manhattan, she was born here. What a great couple.

3. Wow, you've made the client happy and the battle is won. I'm off to look at the slideshow.

Thanks for sharing.

4. leahp26

leahp26

Apr 28, 2008
    Southern NH
    SOOC - amazing!!!! You barely need any PP.

These are beautiful Greg - I can understand why the bride is so happy - you have captured TONS of emotion - loved the groom up on the chair (hora??) but best of all has to be older lady catching the bouquet - phenomenal.

And the email from the bride must just make you smile more!

Very inspiring (if I can get an image 1/100 of this quality at my third shooting gig tomorrow I will be a happy bunny)

5. Simply stunning. You captured their day wonderfully.

The older lady catching the bouquet is my absolute favorite. Classic.

6. Thanks everyone.
    About 3/4 of the way through the wedding I had a feeling that I wasn't up to par with the level of this client's wedding. It was high end in every aspect. I thought maybe they should have gotten a better photographer. Now after reading her email and your comments I feel more confident, thanks again.

The older lady is the bride's grandmother who helped raise her.

7. Terri French

Terri French

May 5, 2005
    Idaho
    It's a great collection of photos. You did an amazing job. I love the emotion in the photos. Congratulations!!

8. rocksgirl

rocksgirl Guest

Fantastically done!! I truly felt like I was there and was so touched. You really did a wonderful job with this and it is no wonder the Bride is thrilled.

Thanks for sharing this.

9. You were certainly up to par for this Greg!

Were you standing on a chair when you photographed the couple being carried around in chairs?

For the two shots when the glass was broke during the ceremony, did your flash recycle that fast or did you just take the shots and hope for the best?

10. RvUsa

RvUsa

Feb 15, 2008
    Darlington, Pa
    Greg, I know I am new here, but WOW!!! Those are some amazing pictures!

I can tell you from personal experience, having a bad wedding photographer is the worst. My wife still looks at our wedding pictures and cries, but not because they are good, but because they are terrible. I know no matter how good I EVER get a photography, I don't think I will ever be able to do a wedding, because of the pressure that I would put on myself to not disappoint the couple like we were. You my friend are first class all the way! After seeing that slide show, you should not doubt yourself at all.

I live near Pittsburgh, and would love to meet you some day and learn from you. If you ever have a boring rainy day with nothing to do and would like a free cup of coffee, just let me know. :wink:

11. bradNYC

bradNYC

Mar 28, 2008
    NYC
    fantastic, looks like weather was on their side. and that bouquet toss was great too...your slideshow is wonderful too.

12. Jim, Yes I was on a chair, one of the guests was nice enough to hold the chair.

The one outside with the glass was no flash. I set the camera to at high FPS. All of the ones during the ceremony were no flash.

13. John in Darlington,

I had to look up Darlington to find it. You're about an hour from me, I live in Irwin, exit 67 on the Turnpike.

I have photography friends that meet in Pittsburgh. We meet in Mt Lebanon, the first Tuesday of each month. Let me know if you're interested, everyone is welcome.

14. Greg,
    Superb work! Great expression captured, what a beautiful outdoor setting as well!
    Congrats,
    Kevin P.

15. A very classy wedding,You covered this wedding with great skill and taste.From a 30 year retired wedding Photographer. Don't change your style,because class is never out of style.

16. These photos are just terrific! I can see why the bride is so thrilled. Excellent, excellent job!

17. Jim, thanks for the compliment. It means a lot coming from someone with so much experience.

18. Scotty_R

Scotty_R

Jan 1, 2006
    Virginia
    Superb!

19. Seneca

Seneca

Dec 4, 2006
    Texas!
    I'm left speechless...just extraordinary.

20. schwann

schwann

Sep 7, 2008
    San Antonio. TX
    Oh my.....really nice....my I ask what slideShow software was used?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.