A weekend in Nice

Discussion in 'Photojournalism, Candids and Street Photography' started by Luckynp, Oct 25, 2005.

1. Just back from a weekend in Nice. Apart from a disaster with the camera (posted elsewhere) a reaaly good trip and photo location. The 70-200 VR was never off the camera.

There are some striking buildings. Here is the seafront villa I have picked out for myself when I have done the bank job.

The weather was mixed, but there was some very pleasant sunshine in the afternoons, with that French amosphere everywhere.

View attachment 17393

View attachment 17394

People were exercising:
    View attachment 17395

working:
    View attachment 17396

resting:
    View attachment 17397

showing off their skills:
    View attachment 17398

playing:
    View attachment 17399

sunbathing:
    View attachment 17400

or just spending time with their family and friends:
    View attachment 17401

View attachment 17402

Full gallery at: http://www.pbase.com/luckynp/nice

2. pcjr

pcjr

Sep 19, 2005
    California
    Nice photos. My 70-200 VR is also rarely off my camera!

3. Leigh

Leigh

Feb 19, 2005
    Alabama
    I checked out your gallery...you have some beautiful photos there. Thanks so much for sharing with us.

4. SRA

SRA

Jul 29, 2005
    Orem, Utah
    Thanks for sharing. I enjoyed your photos and inspiration.

5. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Extremely nice, Nice :>))

Great tastes in Villas.

If I help with the bank job, can we both have one :>)))

6. Mike, great job capturing the feel of the place. Very nice work.
    Dave

7. Thanks all.

Gale of course, the more of us turn our minds to the bank job, the more there will be for everyone.

The thing I really liked about Nice was the friendliness of the people. If you only really know Paris, then Nice is a revelation. It is the only place I have ever felt comfortable about approaching people openly and asking if I could take their photo. In every case they were delighted.

I find increasingly when I travel that I have much less interest in buildings and much more interest in people. As Dave says, I try to capture the feel of the place. I'm not there yet, but I am improving.

8. Nice shots Mike.

It's a great place to take people shots. There is so much going on, and as you say most of the people are very friendly.

I live very close, but don't get out there enough. My last time was in March, just for taking photo's. I'll post some in a new thread.