A weekend with Nikoncafe friends - COMPLETED

Discussion in 'Special Sessions, Events, and Tour Announcements' started by Flew, May 15, 2005.

1. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    The Nikon Café cordially invites you to spend the weekend in North Alabama.

Saturday, July 16, 2005 @ 9am, The Nikon Café will host it’s first ever picnic at the Huntsville Botanical Garden. Please come meet your Café buddies and their families. Enjoy 112 acres of pristine flower gardens and walkways, herb gardens, water fountains and lily pad ponds as well as the butterfly garden. Oh, and there’s also the Water works for the kids (just make sure to bring their swim suits, sunscreen, water shoes and towels). And don’t forget your Cameras!!! The Café will arrange for admission and take care of the facility fee. Lunch will be catered at the Grisham Pavilion at the Garden. $7.50 for adults and $5.00 for kids. Please RSVP by July 8th and send your money to
    Nikon Café in Care of GigaParts
    PO Box 11367
    Huntsville, Alabama 35816

Sunday, July 17, 2005 @ 1pm we will be meeting on Green Mountain. Come prepared for a short hike on the Green Mountain Nature Trail. You’ll see various local wild life such as the waterfowl, turtles and fish that make their home in the lake. There are also many types of wild flowers as well as a covered bridge.

Special event rates at the Comfort Inn on University Drive will be made Available to those traveling from out of town.

Anyone who has any questions should feel free to Private Message Frank, Patrick or Leigh, or call before 9pm CDT at 256-350-2979.

Please use this form for RSVP
    https://www.nikoncafe.com//uploads/NikoncafeRSVP.pdf

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2017
  2. Greg

Greg

Apr 5, 2005
    Fayetteville, TN
    9:00 am, mmmm that still leaves time for the duck pond early morning shoot. I'll be there. Sign me up for both Saturday and Sunday.

Nature trail...I better start taking evening walks again.

3. do they have airports up there in the stix?

4. PGB

PGB

Jan 25, 2005
    Leigh asked me to cross post these pics from the botanical garden.

5. cknight

cknight

May 2, 2005
    Madison, AL
    Yup, we got airports. Planes too. The runways are even paved. :wink:
    Don't tell me you've never heard of the Huntsville INTERNATIONAL :roll: Airport?

6. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    Here are a couple of shots from the Botanical Gardens that I got when Ron R was here last July.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

If this one doesn't illustrate the meaning of shallow DOF, nothing can. 8)
    [​IMG]

Be there, or miss out on some great shooting!! :lol:

7. PGB

PGB

Jan 25, 2005
    Butterfiles

Finally got around to processing some of my pics. Had to pry leigh off our new computer I build for editing photos. I'll tell everyone about it in a separate post one day. I'll just say its FAST!

A few butterfiles all taken with Nikon D2x 90mm Tamron Macro.

Thanks for looking and we hope to see you in July!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. PGB

PGB

Jan 25, 2005
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2017
  9. PGB

PGB

Jan 25, 2005
    Less than one month away. If you are considering joining this event please post here. Likewise if you have any questions please feel free to post them too.

Thanks and hope to see many of you there.

10. I wish I could attend the gathering. I was born in Alabama
    and lived in Grant, AL 1985-1990. We enjoyed the Hunstville
    area while we were there.

Hope all have a great time and I'm sure you will.

11. cknight

cknight

May 2, 2005
    Madison, AL
    I'm planning on coming.

12. Sorry but I will be unable to make it. Have fun.

13. JMartin

JMartin Guest

A weekend with Nikoncafe friends - An Invitation

Sounds like me, the Mrs. and the little ones may try to make it up for this.

As for the Sunday hike, any idea on when we will get back? I am trying to decide if we need to reserve a room for Sunday night... or not :D just as I type this I got an e-mail reminding me that on Monday July 18th our 3 year old has swim lessons!

Any word on pricing for the hotel rooms or is there any info I need to give them to get the special pricing when we call to make our reservations?

Thanks and hope to see you all in Huntsville!

Joe

14. Leigh

Leigh

Feb 19, 2005
    Alabama
    Re: A weekend with Nikoncafe friends - An Invitation

Ask for ViJay Patel and mention GigaParts/Nikoncafe special rate

Comfort Inn University
    3788 University Dr. , Huntsville, AL, US, 35816
    Phone: (256) 533-3291 Fax: (256) 536-7389

15. Gordon Large

Gordon Large Guest

I think I've already told you Alabama folks this, but I can't make it. Just too far from Philly. Anyhow, I've got to save up ($$$ and days away from home taking pictures of birdies) for Merritt III. I heard that MIII would be in November. Half of me says please avoid Thanksgiving week so I can attend family affairs; the other have says make sure you schedule it that week so I can avoid them.

Gordon

16. PGB

PGB

Jan 25, 2005
    It is imperative that we get RSVP's with money or a firm YES if you will be attending. Please post here if you are going to make it to this get together.

Thanks,

Patrick

17. JMartin

JMartin Guest

Count me in...

We mailed out our RSVP today, 4 of us total. Me, my wife and both of our daughters, Lindsey (3) and ashley (9 months).

18. Greg

Greg

Apr 5, 2005
    Fayetteville, TN
    Yup, I'll make it for Saturday and at least Sunday morning.

I will also do a recon trip to Guntersviille this weekend to check on the GBH's and the reported Eagle and Osprey sightings. I'll post results Sunday evening.

19. TheKO

TheKO

May 3, 2005
    Tampa, FL
    Really would have liked to make this trip from Tampa Fl but I am leaving for Alaska July 14. No offense against Alabama but, I think I'll take my chances shooting way up north that week-end....

Sounds as if it will be a good time. Have fun.

20. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    I also will see alllllllllllllll of you at Merritt III :>))

sure miss you all.

Have a wonderful time and take a pic of a beautiful water lily for me :>))