A willing to pose dragon fly

Discussion in 'Macro, Flowers, Insects, and Greenery' started by DanielD, Jun 11, 2007.

1. After my dragon fly in fly adventure yesterday, I came across one species that was willing to pose for me. Used my 70-200, I think with my Tamron 90 it would have escaped. So I had to crop a little bit.

161842436-O.

161842487-O.

161842575-O.

Comments & critique welcome :smile:

2. Schnauzermom

Schnauzermom

Apr 13, 2007
    Michigan
    VERY cool - that third is my favorite!

3. Good job! I like #2 image best.

4. ZBaum

ZBaum Guest

Very nice shots. All three of these could benefit from quick levels adjustments. It'll work wonders on bringing out even more detail.

5. Jeff Lee

Jeff Lee

May 16, 2006
    Oregon
    Great series.

6. Very nice shots of a 4 Spotted Chaser.

Alex

7. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Wow he is a pretty one
    nice work

PS no luck with that movie

8. Nice shots, Daniel!

I found L. quadrimaculatas quite friendly and even if they were scared away they usually come back pretty soon...

9. ...

That is because almost all of this Genus have perches that they will use constantly. I used to set up perches for them and just sit ans wait for them to arrive.:cool: 

Bob F.

10. Thanks all for the kind comments.

I looked again at them in my raw processor and played a bit with high dynamic range settings. With that and the pictures ~ 0.5-0.6 eV darker they indeed seem to look a bit better. No obvious detail gain for my eyes, but maybe it's even the not so obvious details that make the difference.
    Thanks for having me look a second time on them.

Indeed. That happend to me too. I scared it away one or two times and it aways came back, nearly on the same spot.
    You guys scare me with your behaviour knowledge of all those species. :eek: 
    I was happy having found some at all, and you not only know which species they are, you also know their common behaviour. Wow. My compliments. :smile:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.