A Year After the Oil Spill

Last May, I visited this island in Orange Beach, Ala. Great Blue Herons were nesting, terns were everywhere, and oil boom was being put out. While Gulf Shores and Orange Beach did get oil on their beaches, I am happy to say things look like they are back to normal a year later.

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

What steps did you do?
Let me know if got any questions, I would share what I know. :smile:
I'm playing around with the topaz suite trying to get a good balance of feather detail. I was hoping more universal application would work, but it appears more selective processing with layers and mask is needed for these.

Also, I just invested in a 27" monitor and I probably get carried away with trying to get things sharp on such a big screen. Going from a 17" screen laptop to a 27" probably lends me to oversharp too.

I'm playing around with the topaz suite trying to get a good balance of feather detail. I was hoping more universal application would work, but it appears more selective processing with layers and mask is needed for these.

Also, I just invested in a 27" monitor and I probably get carried away with trying to get things sharp on such a big screen. Going from a 17" screen laptop to a 27" probably lends me to oversharp too.
My only PP tool is CS4. Never used Topaz's sharpening before.

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom