A7 R4 and Camfi

How do you find noise on the A7R4 Allan?

First, here is A92 at 20,000 and then A7r4 at 16000.

I know the A92 (heron) had no noise reduction - the a7r4 - I don't remeber if I used nr on background (so look at eagle)

_MAA0851-Edit.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)
_NAA1677-Edit-Edit.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

I recommend the CamRanger Mini for two simple reasons: It is the least expensive CamRanger product that does what you want it to do and it provides two methods of inputting the focus bracketing data -- the Nikon method and the better method, which is far better when it works, not so much when it doesn't work.

I am putting these things on hold at theh moment, but I did find out the Camranger mini does not work with teh A7r series - but the Camranger 2 does. (Got this directly from the Camranger site.)

Just ran across this thread. As another a7riv user I have been looking at how to do focus stacking, but have not yet pulled the trigger. I still have my d850 and stack with that when needed.
On another site (fredmiranda) stacking with the camranger2 and the a7riii was discussed, the a7riv was later found to be the same. The system worked fine, but was slow. Each image had to be transferred and stored on the sd card in the camranger- so stacked images took about 7seconds a piece. It worked, but was slow.
Hope that helps,
Gary

The system worked fine, but was slow. Each image had to be transferred and stored on the sd card in the camranger- so stacked images took about 7seconds a piece. It worked, but was slow.

That's understandable if you want to review the images on the device being used to configure the focus bracketing and to release the shutter. However, I assume the camera also stores the images on its memory card. Can the system be configured to store the images only on that card to result in a faster speed?

Latest threads

Top Bottom