Aarron

This is my first attempt at sharing pictures here. I'm a Nikon Cafe newbie. I took this last Friday of Aarron, a college student. Also this was my first time using studio lights. A photog friend gave me a crash course on studio lighting last month and for 3 Saturdays, I practiced and learned before doing one of Aaron. In the end, I borrowed his WL X800 lights and did this:

Laura

141559715-L.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Click here to see image.

Laura, I too get a red X. I have included the link in you post above so that others may see your great image. Your problem in posting your image is with Smugmug and not the Cafe so I don't know what to advise you. I will try to figure it out.

G

Gr8Tr1x

Laura, I too get a red X. I have included the link in you post above so that others may see your great image. Your problem in posting your image is with Smugmug and not the Cafe so I don't know what to advise you. I will try to figure it out.

Gordon, when I click the link, it still doesn't work. I had to add .jpg to the link to get it to work.

Nice shot, btw.

Sorry some of you are not seeing this image. yes, I got the URL to this photo from my Smugmug gallery. I can see it fine myself. Puzzled that some of you are not.

I just realized there is a "Click here to see image" as well. Maybe you can see it from that link instead? I promise to try to do a better job!

Laura

Trying one more time

testing one more time.

Was I successful this time?

Nope, that didn't work..broken link.

141559715-L.jpeg

Is that what you are looking for?

I think I have it now.

141559715-M.jpg

Yes!! Finally found the jpg extension in the url and copied that.

Okay, now the viewing can begin!

:biggrin:

Darn it! I can see all my pics just fine.

I'm not sure why some of you can see it and others not. :confused:

Greyflash: I want to explain what I did to post my pic...

First I went to my Smugmug gallery, found the image and chose the medium sized one. right clicked on image to go to Properties and Select All to get the entire link, including the .jpg extension that was present..copied and then come back here to post..began with
. Checked my preview post to see if the image comes up and it does (for me) and then go ahead and post it normally.

I did check the FAQ and I'm fairly sure I got it all covered. Am I missing something?

Thanks for all your patience!

Laura

When this has happened in the past the people with smugmug accounts can see it fine but others cannot. I can't see it for example. As I remember there is a button to click on smugmug that tells you which size to display the image. When that is clicked it will display properly here at the Cafe. Not being a smugmug user I can not help you further.

You probably have the gallery set so it doesn't allow external links. Go you your gallery and select "customize gallery" and look under the security and privacy heading for the selection to allow linking.
Just a thought...

G

Gr8Tr1x

I think the only reason I can see it, is because I copied and pasted the pic and now its in my cache. Double check in your Smugmug control panel to make sure that it is a shareable folder.

You can make the gallery private to keep people from browsing it and still allow it to be posted here. I copied and pasted it like Josh did and it shows.

I copied the URL from the properties of the pic,

Does it show here? GREAT shot btw! You do nice work!
141559715-L.jpg

Thanks Steve S!

I will check my Smugmug account and the gallery settings just to make sure.

Thanks to all who tried to help me.

You know, upon looking at the "Aarron" text I came up with, I'm not satisfied with it. A photog friend who is not part of this group (at least I think he isn't) came up with a new design and I liked it alot. Am going to try to imitate what he did and will show it again here in a few days if anyone is interested in seeing it.

Now I have to see all your portraits and headshots work and learn from you all!

Laura

Nice shot Laura. What's wrong with his glasses, it's like there not on properly (look at his left ear)? I would also like it more if the jacket were either on or off, just not halfway. For me it creates a clash between his jersey and jacket because of the different striping on the collars of each.

Latest threads

Top Bottom