Abandoned heritage

Was out a while ago and captured this house and a barn on the same property in the full light of day. At the urging of some members went back and tried for a few in the golden hr. Here are the house and barn pics.

D300 18-200 Nikkor, ISO 200, f13.0 1/125, -3/6EV, 2Stop GND Galen Rowell
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

C&C as always welcome
Barb

Last edited by a moderator:
Looking good Maraya ! Now all you need is a winter snow scene to complete the series :)

I really like #2. The shadow in #1 is distracting. A rusted tractor or plow in the right side of #2 would clinch it. Did you try it in a b&w conversion?

Looking good Maraya ! Now all you need is a winter snow scene to complete the series :)
First think I will try for a sunrise....the hedge row is absent there and maybe I will be lucky with the light. Thanks for your kind commnets and for looking

Very nice!
Thanks Steve

Very much like #2
Thanks Rob. It is an uncommon style of barn for this area which is why it caught my eye.

Bet it was great when it was new, nice capture's!!
truonion thanks for you comment. I am sure it must have been lovely....Its a shame really to see it fall apart....makes me sad.

I really like #2. The shadow in #1 is distracting. A rusted tractor or plow in the right side of #2 would clinch it. Did you try it in a b&w conversion?
Thanks Tommy. There actually was a new peice of farm equipment in behind the house....hence the odd angle. I am hoping for a return visit for the sunrise and maybe better light. will give B&W a try...I am still really learning.

Thank you all for your kind comments
Cheers Barb

Very nice. I can feel some nostalgic mood, specially on the 2nd. Old barns are really nice subjects and you managed to get impressive pictures of these.

Rui

D300, D200 coupled with a bunch of some fine Nikon:smile: glass

www.pbase.com/ruilopes
Thanks Rui. I appreciate your comments. These are uncommon style of barn for here in Alberta so for that alone it caught my eye.
Barb

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom