1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Abandoned heritage

Discussion in 'Landscapes, Architecture, and Cityscapes' started by maraya, Aug 6, 2009.

1. Was out a while ago and captured this house and a barn on the same property in the full light of day. At the urging of some members went back and tried for a few in the golden hr. Here are the house and barn pics.

D300 18-200 Nikkor, ISO 200, f13.0 1/125, -3/6EV, 2Stop GND Galen Rowell
    612921019_EpbWs-XL.jpg
    Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

613000036_Akehu-XL.jpg
    Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

C&C as always welcome
    Barb

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 6, 2009
  2. RFCGRAPHICS

RFCGRAPHICS

Apr 30, 2005
    Looking good Maraya ! Now all you need is a winter snow scene to complete the series :) 

3. shtarka1

shtarka1

Feb 1, 2008
    Boston
    Very nice!

4. Rob Zijlstra

Rob Zijlstra A Koffie Drinker

Nov 5, 2008
    Netherlands
    Very much like #2

5. Bet it was great when it was new, nice capture's!!

6. TommyO

TommyO

Oct 16, 2008
    West Michigan
    I really like #2. The shadow in #1 is distracting. A rusted tractor or plow in the right side of #2 would clinch it. Did you try it in a b&w conversion?

7. First think I will try for a sunrise....the hedge row is absent there and maybe I will be lucky with the light. Thanks for your kind commnets and for looking

Thanks Steve

Thanks Rob. It is an uncommon style of barn for this area which is why it caught my eye.

truonion thanks for you comment. I am sure it must have been lovely....Its a shame really to see it fall apart....makes me sad.

Thanks Tommy. There actually was a new peice of farm equipment in behind the house....hence the odd angle. I am hoping for a return visit for the sunrise and maybe better light. will give B&W a try...I am still really learning.

Thank you all for your kind comments
    Cheers Barb

8. Beautiful! I bet that barn would have some stories to tell if it could talk!

9. Nice ones.

10. I love it! :smile:

11. Very nice. I can feel some nostalgic mood, specially on the 2nd. Old barns are really nice subjects and you managed to get impressive pictures of these.

Rui

D300, D200 coupled with a bunch of some fine Nikon:smile: glass

www.pbase.com/ruilopes

12. Thank you Panther from the AFB in Louisiana...I appreciate your comment. I am planning a return visit for the sunrise as I think the shadows will not be there on the house or the barn and the light might be a bit more nostalgic.
    Barb

13. Thanks Rui. I appreciate your comments. These are uncommon style of barn for here in Alberta so for that alone it caught my eye.
    Barb

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.