Abandoned!

Discussion in 'Landscapes, Architecture, and Cityscapes' started by GonzoBernelli, Dec 20, 2005.

1. My wife first saw this house near Industry, TX in October, but heavy traffic on the road at the time precluded stopping. I went back today and got her the pictures she wanted. Unfortunately, a cloudy day.
    Hand-held, D2X, 17-35 F2.8 @ 35, 1/500 @ F5, Shutter Priority, Noise Ninja, very light Focal Blade

Monicas-Cottage-1-Ninja--F.

2. I can see why she liked this little cape cod house. It is really pretty and would make a nice home if someone was willing to fix it up.

Was this a panarama?

3. Not a panorama. I just cropped it that way to take out too much sky and the road in front.

Not a fixer-upper in my mind - notice the roof valley running between the front half and back half of the house - that would be a serious source of leaks, termites and grief. If I remember correctly Norm Abrahms of "This Old House" fame did one like that in the past and they ended up ripping the entire roof off and rebuilding it without an internal valley!

4. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Gee Ray could fix that right up in Photoshop...lol New roof, walls and foundation. Pretty sunset and leaves on the trees..lol

Shame that fantastic house is in a shambles. Nice peice of property.
    Darn..
    Would love to have a "good" place like that.
    Quite an image.

5. strobel

strobel

Apr 30, 2005
    Algonquin, IL
    I know you said unfortunately a cloudy day, but I think the cloudy day adds to the distressed (abandoned) look. I like it!