Abandoned

We just got back from a trip to Colorado. While I did get some great pictures from Estes Park and Rocky Mountain National Park, some of my favorites came from the family farm. My Grandpa owns the land, but my Aunt and Uncle run the farm of about 7,000 acres. My uncle took me for some drives on back dirt roads to some old abandoned buildings to shoot some photos. There are a bunch more that I didn't have time to get to, but maybe on the next trip.

p85429680-4.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

p334224798-4.jpg

p391793291-4.jpg

p437340535-4.jpg

p287032020-4.jpg

Thank you guys. Their land is kind of in the middle of nowhere but somewhere between Burlington and Kit Carson, CO.

Oh and I have family in Windsor too. We actually spent two nights there this past week.

Burlington to Kit Carson - wow - that area does have it's own natural beauty- it takes special people to do what they do. I appreciate them a lot!

Thank you all for the nice comments.

Don - They are really amazing people. My grandpa built up the land from nothing to over 7,000 acres that he owns now. My aunt and uncle (grandpa's daughter and son-in-law) now run the farm and rent the land from him. They have about 225 head of cattle and do the whole wheat and hay deal on the acreage as well. I have never seen a harder working people than my aunt and uncle.

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Forum GIFs powered by GIPHY: https://giphy.com/
Copyright © Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom