1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Abby out of Olympics

Discussion in 'Sports Photography' started by GeorgeH, Jul 17, 2008.

1. GeorgeH

GeorgeH

Nov 15, 2007
    Seattle
    Abby broke her leg in a friendly against Brazil and will miss the Olympics.

Made me think of one of my favorite images from the 2003 World Cup Semi’s against Germany. (Taken with a D1h and held ironically in the USA because of a SARs fear in China if I remember right). Get well soon Abby.

100324627.jpg
    Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

2. eng45ine

eng45ine

May 11, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    I heard about this tragic news yesterday, years of training and extreme sacrifice only to be ruined by a severe injury. I wish her well.

3. yes.....
    sad
    great shot here

we'll all wish her well

thanks for the thread

4. That's bad news alright, but I like her quote, "Obviously, it's devastating, but above everything else, I'm only one player, and you can never win a championship with just one player," Wambach said in a statement. "I have the utmost confidence in this team bringing home the gold." She will be a strong presence from the bench to be sure.
    BTW nice capture George, love seeing your football images

5. rawke

rawke

Jun 16, 2008
    Canada
    That sure is devastating news...but wow...a wonderful capture

6. That was sad news indeed. She rivals Mia Hamm as an all time favorite in this soccer crazy family! I love watched Abby play!

Nice shot!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.