Aboard the Maid of the Mist - Large Post

Discussion in 'Landscapes, Architecture, and Cityscapes' started by CrystallP, Jul 26, 2005.

1. Chris101

Chris101

Feb 2, 2005
    Arizona
    It would have been fun though, throwing a lens into the falls, wouldn't it? ;)

These are great Crystall! Even more here than in the lens lust thread! The second one really gets the majesty of the place. Although I have sworn off the east, I do hope to get to see this place sometime. Hopefully I'll still have my 24-120vr!

2. Ken-L

Ken-L Guest

All wonderful shots......and the same can be said for your other photos on pbase.

3. hans

hans

Feb 5, 2005
    The Netherlands
    Impressive,great series

4. Very nice and yes it is a plac to see last tiem I was there I only had my coolpix camera, the 24-120 is a very nice lens

5. RFCGRAPHICS

RFCGRAPHICS

Apr 30, 2005
    Very nice series of images :) Looks like you had a great time. Did you use anything to protect your camera from the water mist ?

Regards

RFC

6. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    Beautiful shots Crystall. The detail in the water as it just drops over the falls is great, and you've done an excellent job of holding the highlights in the foam.

I might mention that I was on the Maid of the Mist about 50 years ago (probably not the same boat ;-)), but I didn't have my D2H with me at the time. :lol:

Very well done.

7. Crystall

Those are very impressive. Can't imagine what it was like being there.

Russ

8. Crystall, what a wonderful tour this must have been! You've really captured the feeling of being there. Thanks for taking us along for the ride.

Virginia
    aka beaucamera

P.S. Sorry to be such a dummy, but I don't know what location this is.

9. Crystall don't chunk your lens, if you have a favorite place near home to take pictures, take only
    one lens at a time and test it with all kind of subjects. You can go back another day and take pictures of the same subjects with another lens that way you will know which one to use and when. You can repeat that with all your lenses.

The last three are the one I like the most. The one with the ballon give a nice touch.

10. Simply beautiful, Crystall

11. Simply beautiful, Crystall. You've captured the power of the falls in these pictures.

12. Woah Crystall, those are some falls when captured from the bottom like that. Nice job.

13. Thank You All for your kind comments. It was a very memorable trip. I hope to return to the Falls in two years. I also have a new respect for the 24-120mm VR lens.

Virginia,

Those images were captured with a D70 and a 24-120mm VR lens aboard the 'Maid of the Mist VII', Niagara Falls, Ontario, Canada.

Robert,

I kept my camera under the blue ponchos provided by the tour. I tried to pull it out from under the poncho at opportune moments to capture some of the more breathtaking scenes. I used my husband's towel to keep it dry when we entered the mistiest portion of the ride. My camera also remained relatively dry because I was on the lower deck. I probably would not recommend using your equipment on the top deck. You are guaranteed to get soaked.