1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

About Memes - general discussion

Discussion in 'Photo Meme' started by kilofoxtrott, May 16, 2018.

1. kilofoxtrott

kilofoxtrott European Ambassador Moderator

Dec 29, 2011
    Tettnang, Germany
    My friends,
    I like to organize the memes in a partitial new way. I like to try to get more fun...

My thoughts are:
    - Spring meme: Duration 1 week - free choice of camera or lens, that can change daily - no limitations
    - Octoberfest: It seems 31 days and a limitation to max. 2 lenses is to long and restrictive. I'm thinking to cut it down to 1 or 2 weeks with the choice of 2 lenses.
    - 50/50: It is tradition. Week 50 with the 50mm lens. I don't like to change it. Isn't it a good chance to use the great 50mm lenses again?
    - Winter meme: Would be nice. OK, just for the inhabitants of the northern hemisphere. In Germany it is late January / early February when it is snowing. Not very reliable...

Suggestions are most welcome. Let's devellope the Memes
    Klaus

2. Gordo

Gordo

Feb 4, 2011
    Arizona
    IMHO Octoberfest was more of a challenge than a regular meme. I'm OK with the 31 days and 1 or 2 lenses, it provided a push to get me working on photos for a month.

But I'll participate either way. :) 

3. Sorry that it has taken me so long to come and respond to this thread - my only excuse is that I have had visitors from Australia in the house and they have absorbed a lot of my time.

Having been here for the very first Oktoberfest and having been involved in a number of subsequent editions of the Challenge, I would much rather see the Guidelines stay the same. The event takes place only once per year and everyone who cares to participate is aware of the difficulties and the requirements. It is a shame that we haven't attracted more shooters recently, but perhaps we all need to do a little more work and try to convince a few others to join in.

I like the idea of the other Memes, Klaus and I would also like to encourage as many members as possible to subscribe to the Ring The Bell Thread as that makes it much simpler for anyone who wishes to host a meme at short notice. The interaction with other members of our Group is what really makes these events interesting to me - if it was merely the shooting, I could do as much on my own. Having the opportunity to participate in a few different challenges each year is a great way to learn and to share ideas.

• Like Like x 1
  4. kilofoxtrott

kilofoxtrott European Ambassador Moderator

Dec 29, 2011
    Tettnang, Germany
    Ladies and gentlemen,
    after settling down for a while, I would suggest:

- a regular Octoberfest that runs for the whole month. Conditions as ever.
    - A "Octoberfest - light" that runs for 2 weeks parallel to the regular one. Same conditions.
    - Both will start on October 1st.

Perhaps we can assure new participants in this way. They got the chance to start "light" and hop on the regular Octoberfest if they like.

Critique is welcome.

Please discuss
    Klaus

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.