About Memes - general discussion

Real Name
Andy
Count me in. I have two copies of the Jupiter-8 that are dying to be used more. Or perhaps a Super-Takumar f/1.4 (strangely wound up with two of those over the years also!)

Maybe I'll take a page from @Chris101 and shoot film - lots of HP5 sitting around on my desk.

My little voice is saying, "Must. Talk. Myself. Out of buying a 50mm f/1.8S for the occasion. Discipline."

In any case, I'm in!

Real Name
Chris
Count me in. I have two copies of the Jupiter-8 that are dying to be used more. Or perhaps a Super-Takumar f/1.4 (strangely wound up with two of those over the years also!)

Maybe I'll take a page from @Chris101 and shoot film - lots of HP5 sitting around on my desk.

My little voice is saying, "Must. Talk. Myself. Out of buying a 50mm f/1.8S for the occasion. Discipline."

In any case, I'm in!
I vote YES! Shoot your Jupes Andy! I'd love to see your film work.

I'm sorry I don't have more time to go back and look up the rules. Do you try to shoot and post each day with a 50mm lens? I might be able to try. I'm very busy next week, but perhaps I could take a small break from work each day to get in a little shooting. The thing that worries me is I might not have time to comment on everyone else's submissions.

That sounds like fun, I enjoyed looking at photos Nick a couple months ago using his 50mm. Can't remember using mine, on of those 50 f/1.8g lenses. I'll use it on the d850.
Terri, thanks for asking about this. I wasn't sure what one has to do.

Yeah just one shot a day with a 50. Comments can always come later.
I will do my best to shoot with my 50 f1.8 G. I may switch up the camera bodies. Would that matter? Also, where do we post. Does each person make their own thread?

Edit: I found the instruction thread. So there will be a group post for each day, if I am understanding correctly. Also, if I use my D5600, I need to use my 35 f1.8 so that I have the equivalent focal length. Should be fun as long as I can keep it simple and not time consuming.

Real Name
Bill Mellen
I had planned on participating with my Z6 and 50 S, but a major interruption to my semi-retired life has occurred and I need to visit an old and important client next week. I will be travelling on trains, uber cars and trapped in buildings carrying bags and computers.. It is times like this one that makes an iPhone such a good camera to have :)

The rules and instruction thread are here: [ah, I see Nick beat me to it!]

https://www.nikoncafe.com/threads/rules-50-50-meme.312386/

I am looking forward to this and will be shooting with my new Sony A7R IV and the 50mm f/2.8 macro lens. I will be traveling on December 14th and 15th, though, just an overnight trip, and am not planning to take the camera and lens with me; however I should be able to shoot something on the day of the 14th before I leave home and then on the 15th when I get back home.....

Thinking D50 or D7200 and manual e-series 50mm.
Left my 50 AFD attached to my F90X in the holiday house.

Not sure about the rules, would these combo work?
I could try the manual 50 on my FE2 and get them developed in 1 hour but that will be tricky to manage.

Last edited:

kilofoxtrott

European Ambassador
Real Name
Klaus
I will do my best to shoot with my 50 f1.8 G. I may switch up the camera bodies. Would that matter? Also, where do we post. Does each person make their own thread?

Edit: I found the instruction thread. So there will be a group post for each day, if I am understanding correctly. Also, if I use my D5600, I need to use my 35 f1.8 so that I have the equivalent focal length. Should be fun as long as I can keep it simple and not time consuming.
It's all about the lens Terri...

Kind regards
Klaus

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom