About Memes - general discussion

Real Name
Andy
Count me in. I have two copies of the Jupiter-8 that are dying to be used more. Or perhaps a Super-Takumar f/1.4 (strangely wound up with two of those over the years also!)

Maybe I'll take a page from @Chris101 and shoot film - lots of HP5 sitting around on my desk.

My little voice is saying, "Must. Talk. Myself. Out of buying a 50mm f/1.8S for the occasion. Discipline."

In any case, I'm in!

Real Name
Chris
Count me in. I have two copies of the Jupiter-8 that are dying to be used more. Or perhaps a Super-Takumar f/1.4 (strangely wound up with two of those over the years also!)

Maybe I'll take a page from @Chris101 and shoot film - lots of HP5 sitting around on my desk.

My little voice is saying, "Must. Talk. Myself. Out of buying a 50mm f/1.8S for the occasion. Discipline."

In any case, I'm in!

I vote YES! Shoot your Jupes Andy! I'd love to see your film work.

I'm sorry I don't have more time to go back and look up the rules. Do you try to shoot and post each day with a 50mm lens? I might be able to try. I'm very busy next week, but perhaps I could take a small break from work each day to get in a little shooting. The thing that worries me is I might not have time to comment on everyone else's submissions.

Yeah just one shot a day with a 50. Comments can always come later.
I will do my best to shoot with my 50 f1.8 G. I may switch up the camera bodies. Would that matter? Also, where do we post. Does each person make their own thread?

Edit: I found the instruction thread. So there will be a group post for each day, if I am understanding correctly. Also, if I use my D5600, I need to use my 35 f1.8 so that I have the equivalent focal length. Should be fun as long as I can keep it simple and not time consuming.

Real Name
Bill Mellen
I had planned on participating with my Z6 and 50 S, but a major interruption to my semi-retired life has occurred and I need to visit an old and important client next week. I will be travelling on trains, uber cars and trapped in buildings carrying bags and computers.. It is times like this one that makes an iPhone such a good camera to have :)

The rules and instruction thread are here: [ah, I see Nick beat me to it!]

https://www.nikoncafe.com/threads/rules-50-50-meme.312386/

I am looking forward to this and will be shooting with my new Sony A7R IV and the 50mm f/2.8 macro lens. I will be traveling on December 14th and 15th, though, just an overnight trip, and am not planning to take the camera and lens with me; however I should be able to shoot something on the day of the 14th before I leave home and then on the 15th when I get back home.....

Thinking D50 or D7200 and manual e-series 50mm.
Left my 50 AFD attached to my F90X in the holiday house.

Not sure about the rules, would these combo work?
I could try the manual 50 on my FE2 and get them developed in 1 hour but that will be tricky to manage.

Last edited:

kilofoxtrott

European Ambassador
Real Name
Klaus
I will do my best to shoot with my 50 f1.8 G. I may switch up the camera bodies. Would that matter? Also, where do we post. Does each person make their own thread?

Edit: I found the instruction thread. So there will be a group post for each day, if I am understanding correctly. Also, if I use my D5600, I need to use my 35 f1.8 so that I have the equivalent focal length. Should be fun as long as I can keep it simple and not time consuming.
It's all about the lens Terri...

Kind regards
Klaus

Latest threads

Top Bottom