1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

??? About Nikon Warranties

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Scottn_photo, May 13, 2011.

1. So, while moving and rearranging my little studio, I found my D700 box and decided that I would look through it to see if I had left anything little in the box when I opened it last year. To my dismay, I found that I hadn't sent in my Warranty card/info like I thought I had. It was all filled out and everything but I didn't send it in :eek: 

Can I still send it in? I bought the camera in Feb 2010. I know Nikon gives 5 years on its products... If I sent it in, could I still get ~4 years? Or do you only have 90 days (or however many...) to submit it?

Hopefully I am not up a creek :redface::redface:

If I am, I will have to bite the bullet if something happens... :Curved:

2. Muonic

Muonic

Jun 14, 2006
    I believe the 5 year warranty is only for USA lenses, and not camera bodies.

3. okay. maybe it got put in the wrong box. I looked at it this morning and I can't remember what it was for. It was just in the D700 box.

Can you turn them in late? It might have been my 50 1.4 card (from late feb 2011). (sounds like I am really off my game :eek: ) Not good.

4. Muonic

Muonic

Jun 14, 2006
    It's for one year, on camera bodies.

5. BobW

BobW

Mar 10, 2008
    Illinois
    Lenses are 5 years camera bodies are 1 year in the USA.

Bob W

6. Thanks Guys,

I also I dug through Nikon's website and found the answer.

Mods, you can delete this thread :smile:

7. The ONLY piece of paper you ever need for warranty work with Nikon is your receipt from an authorized dealer. Those little yellow cards mean nothing to them. This information came from NikonUSA when I had the same scare. I scan all receipts and keep copies off-site as well.

8. Sandi,

That is music to my ears :biggrin:

I thought I was up a creek :eek: 

Thank you!

9. + 1

William Rodriguez
    Miami, Florida.

10. gvg45

gvg45

Jun 16, 2008
    Los Angeles, Ca.
    +2. Purchase receipts (copies or originals) are all Nikon wants for warranty work.

11. Yes, those little yellow 'warranty' cards are really just 'customer information' cards. I love it when you see people selling lenses on CL and they say they haven't filled in the card. Yippee, wow, that really makes a difference. LOL

12. Thanks Everyone! Makes me feel a lot better.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.