About noise

Discussion in 'Nikon DX DSLR' started by gladjo, Aug 23, 2008.

1. gladjo

gladjo Guest

I hear a lot on the board about the bad noise in the D70/D70s and even the D200. I don't see it but I haven't shot above 800. Comments? Examples? I really like my D70s and would like a D200 someday. :confused: 

2. Noise presents itself depending on the exposure, to a point. So if your shooting at ISO 800 in good light, its not going to show as much, however if that light changes, and gets darker, then you will see more noise; what I meant when I said 'to a point' is that every camera has its limitations, some start showing noise at certain ISO's no matter what the lighting conditions, and some cameras do this sooner then others. If you do a lot of low light shooting, then start saving for a D300 because it's one of the best if not the best camera (not including the D3) for noise all the way up to 3200 ISO if not higher. Its all about the exposure when it comes to noise and in low light, you will see it sooner then later.

AM

3. gladjo

gladjo Guest

Well, in anther thread I mentioned noise and then did some zooming on my pics and am seeing some bad noise above 400. Is the the D200 a good step up or should I start saving for the D300? I'm gonna have to start some creative selling on Ebay. :frown:

4. If your asking me which camera is better at noise, between the D200 and the D300, its the D300 hands down, no question. But there are, in my opinion, dozens of other reasons to get the D300 other then how good it is at noise. It really comes down to the type of shooting you do and budget of course, you can get a use D200 now in the 600 range, a used D300 will cost a little over double that.

AM

5. I like my D70S as well , I did some test shots and noise shows up quite bad from 800 upwards BUT: they can be cleaned up pretty good . It seems that a lot of it has to do with the built in software more than the sensor .

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.