1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

? about remote flash, using SC29 cord

Discussion in 'Studio Equipment and Lighting' started by rocketliv, Sep 29, 2008.

1. rocketliv

rocketliv Guest

When I use my SB600 remotely with my D80, I can only use the MASP functions. If I use a cord, would I be able to use the auto functions? I would like to leave it up and ready to go at any moment. My daughter is enjoying posing on the paper backdrop but only when I am not behind the camera. So I would like to have it so I can easily shoot without having to set anything for light and such...is this possible with the cord?

2. WayneF

WayneF

Apr 3, 2006
    Texas
    The SC-28 or SC-29 cords are simply hot shoe extension cords.. They will allow any operation you can otherwise do with the flash in the camera hot shoe. It is hot shoe operation, works the same as hot shoe operation, but is simply extended maybe two feet away from the camera (these cords are relatively short). So yes.

3. rocketliv

rocketliv Guest

Thank you!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.