***Above the clouds***

Discussion in 'Landscapes, Architecture, and Cityscapes' started by d_ip, Jul 19, 2005.

1. d_ip

d_ip

Mar 18, 2005
    Alberta, Canada
  2. Which one?!?!!?...................That is very tough. All your pictures are stunning!! :D :D :D :D

3. Cory Cooper

Cory Cooper

May 24, 2005
    Salem, NH
    I agree...

Since you asked though, I prefer the first one.

C

4. Steve S

Steve S

Feb 1, 2005
    SE Florida
    Can't pic a favorite,

they're all awesome pieces of work!

5. Stunning pictures, all of them. Of the top two, I like the first one best. With the top one, I feel as though I'm looking right at the scene, or perhaps a little bit up at the scene. With the second one, I feel as though I'm looking down on the scene, and I don't enjoy that angle as much. I also like the first one because it feels balanced to me. The second seems heavy on the sky, and that's not as interesting to me as all of the other magnificent things going on there. That said, they're all simply beautiful!

6. eng45ine

eng45ine

May 11, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    Pick one??? Yeah right... Each is a masterpiece. Those babies belong on a wall. WOW

7. Well, you are posing a difficult question!

Of the top two, I prefer the first, only because of the warm tones in the upper left corner . . .

Thankfully, you didn't ask for favorites from the whole set . .

All of these are simply stunning.

catalyst

8. Every time I quell my desire to make a trip to the mountains, someone posts another set of beautiful shots.

These are fantastic! Since you asked, I prefer #1. I must say that I like the color of the lake in the 2nd. :)

9. obelix

obelix

Mar 17, 2005
    Fremont, CA, USA
    Oooohhh

Both :).

10. Your pictures are always stunning, one that i really like is the fourth, the road leading toward the mountain.

11. Terri French

Terri French

May 5, 2005
    Idaho
    I like the first one best, although the second is gorgeous as well. My parents are on a Canadian vacation right now. Do you know Gary Hebert by any chance? It seems like you both shoot very similar locations. He is from Calgary, and I met him on the Olympus Talk Forum. If you don't know him, you've probably at least seen his pictures on Pbase.

Anyway, your photos are just magnificent. Makes me want to get back to your area again. I've been there three times in my life and it isn't nearly enough.

12. I agree with what most of the others have said. I prefer number one. As always they are all great and compelling images.

13. d_ip

d_ip

Mar 18, 2005
    Alberta, Canada
    Thanks for the compliment. Do I know Gary Hebert...hmm why don't you see for yourself (look @ the man in the corner of the pic). :D :D :D http://www.pbase.com/turnstyle/image/45767239 I met him a few months ago while I was shooting in Kananaskis and from then we've been out together for shooting, including this one as a matter of fact. Small world huh? Hope you can make it out here soon, the weather is beautiful.

14. Terri French

Terri French

May 5, 2005
    Idaho
    Well Shahed,
    My goal is to get up to Canada and have you guys take my husband and I out to see the sights. You certainly know your way around the area. The only thing is, getting up at 2:30 a.m. to get there for the sunrise is a bit of a stretch for me.

I've been acquainted with Gary on Olympus Talk Forum for about a year now and think he is such a nice, talented person. He told me that he has been out shooting with someone with a D70 and a couple of guys with 20D's. I kind of wondered if it was you when I saw your photo this morning, because I saw Gary's as well and they looked like they are from the same location.

Anyway, so glad to become acquainted with another Canadian photographer. I think your scenery is the most gorgeous on earth!!! It's been about 12 years since I was there, though.

I'll be watching for more great photos. If I can't be there in person, I can be there through your pictures.

Terri

15. hans

hans

Feb 5, 2005
    The Netherlands
    Shaded

The first but the road picture is absolutely magnificent
    Great series

16. Awesome shots. Were these taken from Banff NP?