***Above the clouds***

Which one do you prefer from the top two?
28762892-L.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

28762907-L.jpg

28762886-L.jpg

28762909-L.jpg

28787343-L.jpg

28787362-L.jpg

28787345-L.jpg

These are from this weekend shootout. Comments are always appreciated.
Thanks for looking.
And the rest are here:
http://lenscapephoto.smugmug.com/gallery/667612

Smack dab between the Wolverines and the Spartans
Stunning pictures, all of them. Of the top two, I like the first one best. With the top one, I feel as though I'm looking right at the scene, or perhaps a little bit up at the scene. With the second one, I feel as though I'm looking down on the scene, and I don't enjoy that angle as much. I also like the first one because it feels balanced to me. The second seems heavy on the sky, and that's not as interesting to me as all of the other magnificent things going on there. That said, they're all simply beautiful!

Well, you are posing a difficult question!

Of the top two, I prefer the first, only because of the warm tones in the upper left corner . . .

Thankfully, you didn't ask for favorites from the whole set . .

All of these are simply stunning.

catalyst

Every time I quell my desire to make a trip to the mountains, someone posts another set of beautiful shots.

These are fantastic! Since you asked, I prefer #1. I must say that I like the color of the lake in the 2nd. :)

I like the first one best, although the second is gorgeous as well. My parents are on a Canadian vacation right now. Do you know Gary Hebert by any chance? It seems like you both shoot very similar locations. He is from Calgary, and I met him on the Olympus Talk Forum. If you don't know him, you've probably at least seen his pictures on Pbase.

Anyway, your photos are just magnificent. Makes me want to get back to your area again. I've been there three times in my life and it isn't nearly enough.

Terri French said:
I like the first one best, although the second is gorgeous as well. My parents are on a Canadian vacation right now. Do you know Gary Hebert by any chance? It seems like you both shoot very similar locations. He is from Calgary, and I met him on the Olympus Talk Forum. If you don't know him, you've probably at least seen his pictures on Pbase.

Anyway, your photos are just magnificent. Makes me want to get back to your area again. I've been there three times in my life and it isn't nearly enough.

Thanks for the compliment. Do I know Gary Hebert...hmm why don't you see for yourself (look @ the man in the corner of the pic). :D :D :D http://www.pbase.com/turnstyle/image/45767239 I met him a few months ago while I was shooting in Kananaskis and from then we've been out together for shooting, including this one as a matter of fact. Small world huh? Hope you can make it out here soon, the weather is beautiful.

d_ip said:
Terri French said:

Thanks for the compliment. Do I know Gary Hebert...hmm why don't you see for yourself (look @ the man in the corner of the pic). :D :D :D http://www.pbase.com/turnstyle/image/45767239 I met him a few months ago while I was shooting in Kananaskis and from then we've been out together for shooting, including this one as a matter of fact. Small world huh? Hope you can make it out here soon, the weather is beautiful.

Well Shahed,
My goal is to get up to Canada and have you guys take my husband and I out to see the sights. You certainly know your way around the area. The only thing is, getting up at 2:30 a.m. to get there for the sunrise is a bit of a stretch for me.

I've been acquainted with Gary on Olympus Talk Forum for about a year now and think he is such a nice, talented person. He told me that he has been out shooting with someone with a D70 and a couple of guys with 20D's. I kind of wondered if it was you when I saw your photo this morning, because I saw Gary's as well and they looked like they are from the same location.

Anyway, so glad to become acquainted with another Canadian photographer. I think your scenery is the most gorgeous on earth!!! It's been about 12 years since I was there, though.

I'll be watching for more great photos. If I can't be there in person, I can be there through your pictures.

Terri

Latest threads

Top Bottom