Absolutely last Skimmer flight shots......

Discussion in 'Birds' started by Gordon Large, Aug 25, 2005.

1. Gordon Large

Gordon Large Guest

Notice I did not say last Black Skimmer pictures. When you have a digital camera, no film worries, and are on a beach with these guys for three hours, you can get a lot of captures. The beach pix will be coming over the next few days....

The first image is just a bit unorthodox, but I love it. Looks like a manta ray to me. Enjoy!

Gordon

View attachment 14433

View attachment 14434

View attachment 14435

2. bfjr

bfjr Guest

nice ones Gordon
    went looking for some today but no luck

3. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    OK Gordon, you have the flying birdie thing down. Time to move on to macros. :smile:

Nice shots. :wink:

4. Gordon Large

Gordon Large Guest

Thanks Ben. Keep looking, because it's worth the effort!

Gordon

5. Gordon Large

Gordon Large Guest

Thanks Frank. Coming from the zen master of the flying birdie thing, even said in jest, that's a nice comment. But I'm not stopping because you are still light years ahead of me! So what macro should I buy and get in deep s__t with my wife?

Gordon

6. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    Well, if you want get in real deep, go for the Nikkor 200mm f4 AF. It runs new at about $1,350. However, there are lots of really good macro lenses in the $450 - $700 range if you want to stay out of the dog house. The ones that I've seen, shot with, or seen excellent shots from are the Nikkor 60, 85PC, 105, and 70-180, the Tamron 90 and 180, and the Sigma 150. :wink:

7. Gordon Large

Gordon Large Guest

Thanks Frank. Good info.

Gordon