Abstract macros

Discussion in 'Macro, Flowers, Insects, and Greenery' started by Kevin Scott, Jul 4, 2005.

1. Continuing to learn my new 60mm micro lens, I spent part of yesterday with a bunch of flowers. ;)

Please let me know what you think.

Daisy macro
    [​IMG]

And a rose macro
    [​IMG]

I'm having fun playing around but not sure I'm doing macro properly, if there is such a thing. Thanks for any feedback.

2. Not sure? Well, they look awesome to me! The first one especially is a killer shot! :shock: :shock:

3. biggstr6

biggstr6

Apr 26, 2005
    Richmond,Va
    I like them both. Abstracts , Patterns , Colors , Forms etc... I really like all that kinda stuff.

4. Leigh

Leigh

Feb 19, 2005
    Alabama
    Kevin, keep it up! That first one is amazing!

5. nfoto

nfoto Guest

Not "abstract" in my book, but nice nevertheless :)

6. Kevin, I'm not sure you can call these abstracts, but I'll tell you one thing. I agree with you. That first one is a killer macro shot.

Virginia
    aka beaucamera

7. Hi Kevin,

Very nice abstract indeed! I like the saturated colour of the daisy.

Looks like macro in my book as I can't do macro properly either... ;-)

Regards,
    Jonathan

8. I very much like the first one, it reminds me of the film with Eddie Murphy I think it was in Nepal where he has to step on some post to reach the other side of a room.

9. Wow! Came back after a few hours and guess I had some visitors! ;)

Well, I guess they aren't really abstract in the true sense of the word but very different for me nonetheless. I really appreciate all the kind words from everybody. The gardens that these came from were overwhelming in every sense of the word for someone who likes flowers. I can't wait to go back and shoot some more there.

Thanks again for looking! :D

10. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    Excellent shots Kevin. I take it that you are liking the 60 micro?

11. Lovin' it! :lol: Still getting comfortable with it and deciding when to use an appropriate aperture for desired effect. Thank God there's plenty of material around to practice on! ;)

12. Truly impressive. The first one is a mind-blower!