Abstract Photos Zoom in camera shots - do any of these work for you?

Discussion in 'Abstract' started by Lil Judd, Jul 28, 2007.

1. I was playing with my 17-55mm DX Nikon lens yesterday doing long exposures & zooming while the shutter was open with the hope of an in camera zoom effect.

As I shot a bush I posted in the macro, flower, greenery (whatever the forum is called) & people have looked at the one shot I posted. No one's commented - so in a way I guess that says it all.

It's more abstract I guess so maybe here is a better place to post.

Anyhow, I was shooting at ISO 100, 1/8 sec, f/8 with an EV of -1.0 which turned out to be a tad too much. SO corrected in NX to EV -0.3

Do any of these work for you. My daughter feels they make her feel like the plant's going to eat her.

Thoughts....

Thanks, Lil:smile:

p982204414-4.

p860049191-4.

p966254161-4.

2. While these are a good effort, I think you'll find they work better if your subject is closer. These flowers don't occupy enough of the frame so they get lost.

Try experimenting on moving cars where you have to pan and zoom too.

3. Thanks for the feedback Mike. Subject was less than 2 feet away. Maybe choice of lens..... I tried again today with larger flowers.

I don't think the pan & zoom of cars will help as it's not the effect I'm looking for. But will look for better subjects.

Thank you for taking the time out to look at them & giving me feedback.

Lil:smile: